Be the first to like this
Video is quickly becoming the communications tool of choice for businesses and universities, but traditional “YouTube-style” video search, which searches only for titles, tags, and comments, has so far limited video’s effectiveness. Now Panopto, a leading video platform provider for the enterprise and education markets, introduced a product update with the most comprehensive way to search inside video content. The update allows Panopto customers to search for any word that is spoken or shown in their videos, and fast forward to that precise moment.
Enterprise and education videos often run 60 minutes or longer, so being able to find and fast-forward to specific moments is essential. Traditional video platforms, however, only offer basic search capabilities, making it difficult and time consuming to find phrases mentioned by a speaker, words shown on-screen, or key topics covered in a video.
This update allows Panopto’s 500+ enterprise and university customers to search video content as easily as they would search a document, website, or email. Every recording, new and old, stored in an organization’s Panopto video library can now be searched for:
- Words spoken by any speaker (with new automatic speech recognition)
- Words that appear anywhere in a video, including text shown on-screen during screencasts (with new optical character recognition)
Words from PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, including speakers’ notes
- Words that are part of a video’s public notes or comments
Once a keyword has been found in the video, customers can instantly fast forward to the moment in the video where the keyword appears.
In addition to the new search capabilities, this update provides Panopto customers with:
- The ability to brand their video experience in less than 60 seconds: Businesses and universities can quickly match the look of their video library to their brand without design or CSS experience.
- A new Android app for tablets and smartphones: The native app provides users with interactive viewing and inside-video search. Along with the existing iOS app, Panopto’s mobile apps now extend to 94% of the worldwide mobile device market.