Selling the Benefits of a ME Summit What makes our product unique? Presented by Himanshu Paliwal Regional Sales Director Asia & Middle East Summits ,Regional Conferences ,Local Trainings & LSE•
IntroductionMARKET REALITY CLIENT NEEDS MARCUS EVANS SUMMIT VENDOR SOLUTIONS/SERVICES
Presentation Goals1. To share knowledge between different divisions, cultures & countries2. To identify, isolate and understand the key features & benefits that make our product unique3. How to use these points during our pitch to increase our knowledge and sales skills
INTERACTIVE SESSIONS• The 30 Second Rule – link to Urgency• Often during our pitch our reaction times are tested by the DM – ie questions/objections• During this presentation we will be putting people on the spot to both test & evaluate your ability to filter out and precisely deliver the most important unique aspects of the summit• Training the Subconscious so this is 2nd Nature
GROUP EXERCISE• Split into 5 Groups – Group Name – An object that is unsurpassable in quality CASE STUDY TASK • BROLIN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT & KD LANG SOLUTIONS • FOCUS ON THE MOST IMPORTANT BENEFITS & UNIQUE SELLING POINTS OF A SUMMIT
SUMMARY• Using urgency on yourself – forces you to be specific and precise – majority of executive ramble on too much• Identifying the key points that are most suitable to the target due to research• Impact Statement• Daring to be different• Quality, Proactive, Energy, Success• Quality – of event to DM, Proactive – Getting his attention, Energy – 30 seconds, Success - Deals
1. DELEGATE DRIVEN• End user presentations only – no vendors speaking• Tailor made agenda• Key to Credibility – HOW we attract the ULTIMATE DM
2. PREQUALIFICATION OF DELEGATES• Filtering Process• Ultimate Decision Maker Only – no middle management• Budget Owner – they control the purse strings• Minimum Personal Budgets/Company Budgets• Key Point – Actively in their Buy/Allocation Cycle at time of meeting
3. ONE ON ONE MEETINGS• Private Appointments – Decision Maker to Decision Maker• Full Intelligence on Delegates 3 weeks prior – Cheat Sheet!• 20-30 Guaranteed Appointments – 25 mins each• Meeting Selection – both parties request each other – mutual meetings should in theory equal deals• Key Point - What is the best form of Market Intelligence: Reports, Surveys, Media, Outsourced Analysts or Face to Face?
4. EXCLUSIVITY• Exclusive Gathering of industry executives to share information• NOT a door opening service for 2nd tier SP’s with poor sales teams – we have an obligation to our delegates to deliver the best in each field• Ratio – 2:1 Minimum – not packed with SP’s• Key Point – not fighting for contact time with competitors like in usual business life
5. RESORT LOCATION• Prestigious location – 5 Star Resorts – LMP, Royal Pines, Ritz Carlton• Traditionally away from City Centres – keep everyone on site• Why? – Look at Political Summit – Camp David, G8 etc – putting people in a place where they can’t escape means that they have to come to agreements & in this case = Sales• Key Point – Focus – No distractions. BUSINESS FOCUS ONLY.
6. COMPETITION• Limited competition at the Summit• Selection of Solution Providers - must be what the delegates are looking for• “We only contact companies who’s products/Services have been requested by our CFO/CIO/Pension Fund Clients”
7. RIVAL EVENTS• Operators are suffering from Conference fatigue – saturated market• Too content driven – Gartner, ASFA etc – more technical advice• Little value – delegates have no control of substance; Middle Management Focused• Trust – ME VS Capitis, VS Prime Brokers, VS Terrapin, VS IQPC, VS GAIM – why we are number 1.• Key Point – No other product like this in the Market
8. RESEARCH• Dedicated Production & Marketing Team who’s role is to get the most up to date intelligence in the market to build our Summits – Experienced Team• Sources – ME Industry Channels – work with thousands of clients in Sports, Conferences, Training, Linguarama etc – huge client base for feedback, ideas etc.• Media Partners – Magazines, Journals, CNN etc• Key Point – Knowledge is POWER!!
9. PRE-EVENT EXPOSURE• From moment of booking – we promote SP’s to the market – via email, marketing, website, phone campaign etc• Web Scheduler – To Promote their business to target market 2 weeks prior to meetings – get delegates to select YOU• Wish Lists – to get targets on board & company name out there – “you have been invited by XYZ to attended this Summit”• Key Point – Position/Introduce company before you even meet the end-users!!
10. COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS• GROUP TASK – THE COST OF GOING ALONE!!• In groups try and work out the time & cost of getting 1meeting with either : Australian CIO’s, Asia Pension Fund Managers, Asian Heads of Corporate Counsel• Points to consider - Hotels, Flights, Time out of the office, Staff Cover whilst away, expenses, booking appointments, telephone/fax/email cost etc: What is the opportunity cost of NOT attending??• Key Point – Summit = Cost and Time Saver
11. DIRECT SALES NOT JUST NETWORKINGDelegate with $10Million ONE ON ONE MEETING Vendor with top range BILooking to buy BI Software Software Solution DEAL!!!
12. MARCUS EVANS GROUP• 25 Years and here to stay – Financial Viability & Experience• NOT 20 Events, 2 staff – not a 3 man shop in Surry Hills!!• Resources – 60 Offices, over 3000 staff, True Global Coverage,• Experience in current market – got through 80’s recession, Dot Com Boom, 9/11 – who will you trust in the Credit Crunch? (Triple AAA rating)• Key Point – World’s Number 1 Event Company
CLIENT PERSPECTIVE DELEGATE &SPONSOR VIDEO ASIA PENSIONS 2008 mms://wm1.narrowstep.tv/url7/mevans/4520/20080911AsianPI2008SponsorFirst.wmvhttp://www.marcusevans.com/testimonials/eventvideos.asp
CLIENT PERSPECTIVE• 3rd Party Angel – to be used as a Closing Tool• Conditional Reference Close – Example Richard Yates in Berlin – list of 100 References, pick 3 – if you get a good reference, do we have an agreement that you will sign?• Website – Members Areas - Credibility• Video Testimonials• Traceable and Measurable ROI as opposed to…
SUMMIT SUCCESS STORIES• Xerox and HP in Europe – ten years in a row• BlueCentral – Australia CIO 2007 – 2 Deals in 1st day• Zensar Technologies & Bank of New Zealand - $2 Million Deal• Rebookings – Australia CIO – 27 out of 25 Rebookings• Others?
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY• “VALUE FOR EXPENDITURE ....1 ON 1’S ARE PERFECT” – MD EXPRESS SOFTWARE• “Excellent! No further words needed. I have generated more new business opportunities in two days than our company had in the last two years” - CEO ETHIBEL• “Excellent! No further words needed. I have generated more new business opportunities in two days. An intensive, useful format to meet industry layers with common interests” – MERRILL LYNCH• “This is one of the best managed events I have had the pleasure to attend. The business results will materialise and I look forward to sharing them at next years summit.” CEO DWS/SDM
SUMMARY• HOW CAN WE COLLETIVELY USE THESE POINTS IN OUR SALES PITCH?• In groups discuss – words, techniques, ideas, pitch structure, impact statement, most important benefits etc• How can we get better at selling this unique product?
SUMMARY• “NO MATTER HOW GOOD YOU GET, YOU CANALWAYS GET BETTER AND THAT IS THE EXCITING PART” TIGER WOODS