1. Language teaching/learning using task-based 2.0 tools 1 st part Gorka J. Palazio University of the Basque Country TISLID'10 Madrid Scenario analysis for future English learning
2. Scenario analysis Scenario analysis is a process of analyzing possible future events by considering alternative possible outcomes (scenarios) Source: Wikipedia Scenario analysis for future English learning
3. Scenario analysis: The Art of the Long View. It's all about making Paths to Strategic Insight for tearchers and students Scenario analysis for future English learning i.e. How will our students learn English in the New Age of Networking Techs and Social Media?
4. Can we use 3D apps and Social Networks like Twitter or Foursquare to teach English? Scenario analysis for future English learning If people use those technologies, it's clear than we have to take them into account. We should use them, but the most important thing is how to use them
5. Language teachers can already use mobile phones for audiovisual teaching/learning purposes Scenario analysis for future English learning So it is worthwhile to try them out. Teachers can use powerful audiovisual resources with no cost now (YouTube)
6. Resources in the Web 2.0 Age Scenario analysis for future English learning Communication tools: Skype, Qik, Livestream Another audiovisual or multimedia web services: Vuvox, Popobox, Voicethread, Wallwisher... Hybrid tools, 3D: Second Life
7. Social Media Age Social Media Revolution video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFZ0z5Fm-Ng
8. There must be consultants and geeks to know what is the next web, if Web 2.0 is a fad or not, if one application is for a long term, or it's going to dissapear in just two or three years Scenario analysis for future English learning Think about video apps or Web 2.0 tools in language learning... Video services consume a lot of bandwith... so, it's very difficult for them to survive without paying services
9. Video apps and services are not cheap for developers and teachers must know not only which is the killer app, but how long is going to last that web service, for how many years we can put our trust in it Scenario analysis for future English learning A friend of mine put his trust in a blog system and before finishing the course he realized that the service he chose was going to close down
10. My advice Scenario analysis for future English learning We have to use web services if our students already use them. It is very important to be with them teaching languages with Web 2.0 services. If they use Twitter or Foursquare we have to empower them within those apps, inventing new tasks or exercises with Twitter, Foursquare or whatever they use.
11. There are many Web 2.0 services to learn languages... different ways to practice a language with others Scenario analysis for future English learning Many teachers are using Skype for language learning... many teachers have checked S.L. to explore the new posibilities of 3D environments in language learning... many teachers are using blogs and wikis to teach English in a collaborative way...
12. We are going to teach languages via Internet with Web 2.0 tools Scenario analysis for future English learning Web 2.0, Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_2.0 Go2Web20: http://www.go2web20.net Techcrunch: http://techcrunch.com Mashable, Readwriteweb...
14. More tasks with Web 2.0 apps, instead of using Learning Content Management Systems ( LCMS )
15. More video pills and multimedia apps to learn languages