Presentation about how to built a service offering latency data to close neverending discussions. What are the most important thing to work on? I believe that building trust in the service is one of the main topics.
● Since October 2017
● Manager of 6 awesome engineers from 4
● Product owner of one of the most adopted
service in the company.
○ YAMS is serving +10K requests/s
● Father of two outstanding daughters
Engineering Manager @
Adevinta is a marketplace specialist. We are an international
family of local digital brands.
We help local marketplaces thrive in 16 countries around
the world, through our global connections and networks
Adevinta around the world France
First results, first success
● Which AWS regions are good enough for me?
● How much latency will I suffer on-boarding this
● Do I need any new region deployment to improve
● How is my service delivering from X country?
● Am I improving latency of my service?
(what & how
➔ Data needs to be relevant (what we need), accurate (we
rely on it) & consistent (it’s comparable)
➔ Developing a service iteratively will give you always
➔ The most important topic in this story is to achieve that
our customers trust on the data
Say what you are
going to do and then
do what you say!
Sell without selling
out. Focus more on
your core principles
and customer loyalty
than short term
authentic and willing
to share your
mistakes and faults.