What is Bio-Back
The Bio-Back provides an effective, non invasive and drug free new
tool for treating low back pain.
The Bio-Back is clinically proven to reduce the activity and strain on key
endurance muscle groups in the lower back, including the vitally
important Multifidus muscles. Current medical literature indicates that
focusing on improvement of the endurance and static holding capacity
of the spinal muscle groups during activity is vital for managing low
The Bio-Back reduces the load on each of the pain sensitive structures,
including the discs and joints, and automatically promotes a more
neutral spine posture to relieve pain and encourage proper body
mechanics, thereby restoring function. Improving posture and
restoring function is a crucial component of any rehabilitation or
treatment for low back pain.
• CE Marked and Registered Class I “Non-Invasive” medical
device from FDA.
• Innovative and revolutionary device that combines the
architecture of a Counter-Force design as well as a Lumbar
Dome that nestles into the small of the back.
• Clinical studies were show to actually relax back muscles by an
average of 46%.
• Aligns and supports a proper posture which makes this device
great for not only pain relief but also pain prevention.
• Non-restrictive and lightweight design that allows the wearer
to not only wear it while doing any activity (travel, workout,
play golf, and even sleep in it!)
• Can be worn discreetly under clothing.
Bio-Back’s Counter Force Design
opposing forces design makes it stand
alone in the world of back pain
relief. There is literally no other
product like it. The bilateral opposing
force creates an ergonomically
healthy balance in your spine and
improves your posture. The Bio-Back
alleviates your pain by reducing the
strain on key endurance muscles in
the lower back.
Bio-Back’s Lumbar Dome
Bio-Back's patented Lumbar Dome
helps support healthy posture,
reduces disc compression in the
lower back, and improves mobility.
This adds up to a healthier, more
active, pain free back.
• Strain/sprains of the lower back
• Ruptured, Herniated, Bulging, Prolapsed disc
• Unstable joint mechanical conditions in the lower back
• Weak or deconditioned lower back spinal muscles
• Inflammatory arthritic conditions of the spine
• Degenerative disc and joint disease
• Spondylolisthesis and Spondylolsis
• Osteoporosis conditions of the spine
• Mechanical low back pain
Bio-Back Clinical Studies
• Independent clinical studies have utilized EMG activity to evaluate the BioBack's clinical efficacies. The study demonstrated that use of a Bio-Back
orthosis in the standing anatomically neutral position, tensioned to
sixteen pounds, reduced the activity of the longissimus at L4 by an average
of 52% and the multifidus at L4 by an average of 37% when compared to
not wearing the orthosis.
• Overall, this would indicate that the employment of the Bio-Back orthosis
reduces the L4 muscular activity approximately 44%. No particular
relationship was made at this time between the age or the BMI of the
subjects tested and the percentage of decrease in muscle activity in either
muscle. Thus, it was concluded in this limited study that the percentage of
muscular activity reduction is a unique function of the individual.
• For additional information about our clinical studies, please contact our
patients who used the Bio-Back
for various lengths of time were
asked to respond to a series of
•78% reported pain relief
•73% reported pain
•7% reported a decrease in
consumption of opioids
•84% would recommend the
Bio-Back - Patient Benefits
• Decreases lower back pain.
• Decreases inflammatory reaction.
• Decreases intervertebral and joint pressure in the
lower back region.
• Promotes core stability and neutral spine posture.
• Increases lower back range of motion.
• Helps to stabilize lower back while in an injured state.
• Clinically proven to decrease Multifidi activity, enabling
lower back pain sufferers to pursue the activities of
daily living with less back pain.
Benefits for the Medical Provider
• Your patients will wear it: Unlike other supports, Bio-Back is
simple, light-weight, comfortable and nearly invisible when worn
under clothing. This makes the Bio-Back a truly unique lumbar
orthotic. You can feel confident knowing that your patients will
wear it, resulting in improved compliance and functional
• Your patients will remember you for it: When you provide the
Bio-Back to your chronic back pain patients, it provides nonrestrictive support between your adjustments, allowing them to
live a more active lifestyle. Your patients will share their story,
generating new referrals for your practice.
• No need to stock multiple sizes: Bio-Back's adjustable straps fit
22" to 50" waist sizes and larger straps can be provided to
accommodate patients with up to a 78" waist size.
A unique and effective solution for
your patient's back pain.
When you prescribe the Bio-Back:
– Your patients can participate more effectively in
rehabilitation or exercise programs.
– Your patients will recover more quickly from
– Your patients will be grateful to you for providing
them the ability to live a more active lifestyle and
perform the activities they love without fear of