Ad copy testing• Changing Meta content can be a laborious task and something you do not want to have to do frequently• “Click-ability” is critical for a success SEO listing, its one thing to rank its another to get clicked on!• Use SEM to test creative to improve CTR or even messaging to improve sales.
Ad copy testingKeyword: "hotels in goa"Improve CTR? Conversions?Hotels in GoaMyGoaHotel.comGoa Hotels – – MyGoaHotel.comwww.mygohotel.com > Goa HotelsCompare prices and find in Goa. Book now. It’s fast, secure and easyGreat rates on all hotels the cheapest Hotels in Goa. Book onlinetoday at MyGoaHotel.comat MyGoaHotel.com!
Page optimization & quality score• Quality score is a major contributing factor for click price. Quality score is determined by:
Quality Score1. The historical clickthrough rate (CTR) of the keyword and the matched ad on the Google domain.2. Your account history, which is measured by the CTR of all the ads and keywords in your account3. The historical CTR of the display URLs in the ad group4. The quality of your landing page5. The relevance of the keyword to the ads in its ad group6. The relevance of the keyword and the matched ad to the search query7. Your accounts performance in the geographical region where the ad will be shown8. Other relevance factors
Quality of landing page • Feature relevant and original content • Be easy to navigate • Page speed Turn to Googles Webmaster Guidelines for more recommendations, which will improve your sites performance in Googles search results as well….source: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46675
Co-optimization1. If I am ranking #1 do I need to buy the traffic?2. Why am I spending so much on Paid perhaps I can get it “free”?3. Are there more opportunities with my SEM campaign?4. Is there room to improve my creative?5. Can I manage my marketing budgets more efficiently?
1. If I am ranking #1 do I need to buy the traffic? If you rank number one in SEO and rank number one in SEM. What happens when you switch off SEM? Do you get more value through organic, or is there a 1 + 1 = 3 effect?
2. Why am I spending so much on Paid perhaps I can get it “free”? The CPA in paid is high or there is no CPA and we don’t rank anywhere! Would the money not be better spent getting the rankings?
3. Are there more opportunities with my SEM campaign? SEO is delivering value but we are nowhere to be seen on Paid, surely there is an opportunity?
4. Is there room to improve my creative? We see far better conversion rates from SEO than SEM for the same word, is there something wrong with my paid creative?
5. Can I manage my marketing budgets more efficiently? Where should my marketing rupees be spent? Which channel is actually more cost effective?
Multi-Messaging• You rank #1 in paid and #1 in non-paid what happens when you mix up the messaging? Keyword: Goa HotelsSEOCheap Goa Hotels – MyGoaHotel.comwww.mygohotel.com > Goa HotelsGoa Hotels on a budget. Compare prices and find the cheapest hotels in Goa atMyGoaHotel.com.SEM * Simple messaging changes will target twoLuxury Goa Hotels VERY different target audiences – PriceChoose from the most luxurious, conscience and Quality conscience.quality hotels in Goa at MyGoaHotelwww.MyGoaHotel.com/5-Star-Goa
Tools You can useSEMRush.comOptimizely.com or Google Website OptimizerGoogle TrendsTrackengine.com