3. What this talk is about ? New Media Blogs ,IM, Twitter, Wiki, Social Networks ,News2.0 OLD Media Print, TV, RADIO UGC ,Citizen Journalism , Community Ranking New Trends Evil Of OLD Media Centralization , Affirmation ,Corruption, How Old Evils are resurrecting in New Media
4. Some Comparison Between Old and New Media Swaminathan Aiyar VS Michale Arrignton
5. Mid 80s –To-Late 90s: Our Opinion about Economic Issues was Outsourced to Swaminomics Late 90s –To-2008: Our Opinion about Web 2.0 reflects TechCrunch Are we any more or less Smarter than What we were in 90s ?
12. Reporting News Vs Creating News in New Media Reporting News Creating News Funding of Facebook,Slide,Spotrunner, Appointment of Facebook COO, Acquisition of BeBo , YouTube Yahoo-Microsoft Battle I have seen Future ..Its Tablet PC World Wide Telescope is World Changing , Man Behind Twitter’s Scaling Problems
13. When it comes to creating news . New media is no better or no worse than old media
14. “ Deep Throat “ Vs “Stainless Steel Mouse “ William Mark Felt, Sr. Shi Tao
15. When it Comes to standing up to authorities , New Media Fails Almost every time .
16. Anti Competitive Practices Integration of Publisher and Adv Networks can prove to be premature optimization at Best or Fatal at Worst . No Level Playing Field . Publishers Cross Promoting their own products . Are disclosures enough ?? Content Piracy without attribution is rampant A List Bloggers discourage VC investment in New Blog Networks .They Fear Over supply .
17. Some Other Rhetoric of News 2.0 Camera Phones + Citizen Journalism will cause demise of the professional photojournalist~ Dan Gilmore Thanks To Twitter ,We don’t Need Beat Reporter Community Knows Best but I don’t think Community wants Flying CATS /LOL Cats as most important News on Any day ,Fact is your system can easily be gamed ~ A comment on Slashdot about Digg
18. The BIG Question : What this Revolution is about ? Is it about Content and Quality ? Or is it about Reach and Distribution ?
19. When it comes to content and Quality ,Is New media Fundamentally different from Old or just an Extension of OLD Media For a reporter Content of NEWS is important , Medium is secondary .As long as my content remains un altered I don’t care if they Publish it on Blog , News Paper, TV or even on salami sheets