The 90/10 Principle by Stephen Covey. ( Law of averages )

1,497 views

Published on

Hi Folks !

Once I understood this principle I changed the way I react, 90% of the results comes from the how we react and 10% from the fact that happened.
I hope this information help you a lot in your career to success.
If you want to connect with me visit:
http://octavioochoa.com
info@octavioochoa.com

Published in: Business
1 Comment
8 Likes
Statistics
Notes
No Downloads
Views
Total views
1,497
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
42
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
92
Comments
1
Likes
8
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

The 90/10 Principle by Stephen Covey. ( Law of averages )

  1. 1. The 90/10 Principle Dr. Stephen R. Covey
  2. 2. It will change your life or at least, the way you react to situations
  3. 3. The good news is we can always control the 90% if we choose to do so! We are in complete control of the 90% In other words, 10% of what ‘happens’ to us we can’t control.
  4. 4. A lot of what happens to us in life, we have no control over. In fact philanthropists call this the 90/10principle. by choosing to respond to life’s events rather than react to them immediately.
  5. 5. The 90/10 principle states that 10% of any person’s life is made up of what happens to that person. However the rest 90% is decided by how that person reacts to that situation.
  6. 6. You are having breakfast with your family. Your daughter knocks over a cup of coffee onto your business shirt.
  7. 7. You have no control over what has just happened. What happens next will be determined by how you react.
  8. 8. You harshly scold your daughter for knocking the cup over. You find your daughter has been too busy crying to finish breakfast and get ready for school.
  9. 9. She misses the bus. You rush to the car and drive your daughter to school. Your daughter runs into the building without saying goodbye.
  10. 10. After a 15-minute delay and throwing $60.00 traffic fine away, you arrive at your office. After arriving at the office late, you find you forgot your briefcase.
  11. 11. Your day has started terribly. As it continues, it seems to get worse and worse. You look forward to coming home.
  12. 12. When you arrive home, you find a small wedge in your relationship with your wife and daughter. Why?
  13. 13. Because of how you reacted in the morning. Why did you have a bad day?
  14. 14. A) Did the coffee cause it? B) Did your daughter cause it? C) Did the policeman cause it? D) Did you cause it? The answer is “D”
  15. 15. You had no control over what happened with the coffee. How you reacted in those 5 seconds is what caused your bad day.
  16. 16. Here is what could have and should have happened. Coffee splashes over you. Your daughter is about to cry.
  17. 17. You gently say : “It’s okay, honey, you just need to be more careful next time.”
  18. 18. Grabbing a towel you go upstairs and change your shirt. You grab your briefcase, and you come back down in time to look through the window and see your child getting on the bus.
  19. 19. She turns and waves. You arrive 5 minutes early a cheerfully greet the staff. Notice the difference?
  20. 20. Two different scenarios. Both started the same. Both ended different. Why?
  21. 21. Because of how you reacted. You really have no control over 10% of what happens in your life. The other 90% was determined by your reaction!!!
  22. 22. If someone says something negative about you, do not be a sponge. Let the attack roll off like water on glass. You do not have to let the negative comments affect you.
  23. 23. React properly and it will not ruin your day. A wrong reaction could result in losing a friend, being fired, or getting stressed out.
  24. 24. We can be the most polite, well-mannered person in town, but that won’t necessarily stop some bozo being rude to us.
  25. 25. Instead of fighting back the bozo, you choose to feel good & smile back at him!!!
  26. 26. We can be the best employee in the world, but that cannot prevent the company we work for going into liquidation and throwing us out of work.
  27. 27. Instead of blaming about the company, You choose to feel good & find the new job!!!
  28. 28. We cannot stop the car from breaking down.
  29. 29. Instead of kicking your car, You choose to feel good & and find the car service company!!!
  30. 30. The plane will be late arriving, which throws our whole schedule off.
  31. 31. The plane is late. It is going to mangle your schedule for the day. Why take out your frustration on the flight attendant?
  32. 32. She has no control over what is going on. You choose to feel good
  33. 33. and use your time to study, get to know the other passenger, why stress out? It will just make things worse.
  34. 34. Now you know the 90/10 Principle. Apply it and you will be amazed at the results. You will lose nothing if you try it.
  35. 35. The 90/10 Principle is incredible. Very few know and apply this Principle. The result? You will see it by yourself!
  36. 36. Millions of people are suffering from undeserved stress, trials, problems and headaches. We all must understand and apply the 90/10 Principle. It can change your life!
  37. 37. It only takes willpower to give ourselves permission to make the experience.
  38. 38. Absolutely everything we do, give, say, or even think, it’s like a Boomerang. It will come back to us.
  39. 39. If we want to receive, we need to learn to give first... Maybe we will end with our hands empty, but our heart will be filled with love...
  40. 40. And those who love life, have that feeling marked in their hearts… Thank You Very Much Sompong Yusoontorn

×