Innovative trends that will change the way ecommerce companies work in 2014
Innovative trends that will
change the way ecommerce
companies work in 2014
• It requires a professional advice, who has an
deep knowledge about those innovative trends
that are changing the way ecommerce
• If you are ready to take your ecommerce
business to a next level in 2014, you can have a
look on the best ecommerce trends that you
should consider in this year.
Significance of multi-channel selling
• With a constant change in consumers shopping behavior, the need of
multi-channel integration is a must.
• Selling through a single store is not a good idea any more. In the
competitive world of ecommerce, small and medium business owners find
it difficult to withstand large players, hence including integration with
different selling platforms and marketplaces like Magento, Shopify,
Bigcommerce, Amazon, eBay and many andmany more can help them
reach out more customers.
• This way you can increase selling opportunities and make your
ecommerce business successful.
• Over the past few years, we have seen a massive usage of smartphones
for purchasing products online.
• The best way for ecommerce companies to take an advantage of the
surge in sales through those devices is to create a responsive mobile
website design to ensure that their site will be optimized on smartphones,
tablets and any other hand-held devices.
• This way you can increase your source to receive orders from online
shoppers who can purchase products anytime and anywhere.
Social networking sites
• Social networking sites has been around since a decade, but social
shopping imperatives are rapidly emerging.
• So, integrating a “share” button that enable users to share your content
to their favorite social network sites is a good step, as integrating
Facebook “like” button functionality.
• Also, there are login and rating/review integration tools such as
“Facebook Connect”. Sites like LinkedIn, today, is on top of social
shopping trends and provide strong examples of retailers leveraging social
• Behavioral target marketing looks quite solid on the other hand, as it is
based on web surfing behavior of the visitor, having great implication on
the future of online retailers.
• This trend will help ecommerce retailers target data specific behavior of
the customers that include search history, time taken on a webpage,
items purchased recently, and search words that were used while looking
for pages over the Internet.
• This data is useful to make informed decisions, saving you a lot of time
and cost that can be used on campaigns that have proven data which is
Personalization and Localization
Personalization and localization are two innovative trends that retailers need to
indulge in order to gain long-term strategy to withstand large competitor's
This will help retailers tailor each consumer's shopping and browsing habits,
creating a highly personalized shopping experience.
So, every time when a customer visits or completes a transaction on an
ecommerce site, he/she can provide data about their taste and preferences
allowing retailers to recommend products as per demand, edit content on user's
screen and offer effective content that carter to individual customers.
• These are some innovative trends that will change the way
ecommerce companies work.
• No matter whether you are looking to build your ecommerce
store with new features or want to customize it, considering
the above steps will help you develop a successful and stable