I can show you how to choose a license CC ND is not OER
"Open Pedagogy" for eLearning Pioneers
Dr. Robin DeRosa
OER Ambassador Pilot Consultant
University of New Hampshire
Professor of English and Interdisciplinary Studies
Plymouth State University
• Student textbooks cost
about $1,200 per year.
• That’s equal to 12% of
tuition at my university.
• Students worry more
about paying for books
than they worry about
paying for college.
• Textbook costs have
risen 812% since 1978.
Image: CCBY Georgie Pauwels https://flic.kr/p/igHaNo
CCSA Brian https://flic.kr/p/kKJWY
• Community and collaboration over
• Connects the university with the wider
• Treats education as a learner-developed
• No gates. No hoops. No end.
• P2P feedback
• Team-oriented inquiry
• Value of diverse skills
• Not “mastery,” but
• Power of the
community as a 21st
CCBY Ian Sane https://flic.kr/p/8wfLim
Connect to Public
students and wider
• Working in a real-world
• Students can contribute
now and will contribute
even more later
Image: CCBYSA Sue Waters https://flic.kr/p/5Weiy6
CC BY US Army https://flic.kr/p/8uYXBh
Relevant Rhizomatic Recursive
CCBY Marcin Wichery https://flic.kr/p/95nwnt
• Use OER and engage with OER.
• Value community over content.
• Make your classroom a public workspace.
• Empower students to direct their learning.
• Never impede learning for any reason.
• Limit disposable assignments.
• Find ways to help the course continue…
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.