What could be the next frontier for Starbucks?
Store roll-out innovation to create a competitive advantage.
Starbucks has opened on average two new stores every day
The prototypical store model & the configuration is adaptable to a variety of uses
- Average time to market per store is about a few months
- Financial cost associated with delivery of stores
- Loss of revenue while new store is under construction
- Building and deploying stores non Core Competency of Starbucks
- Competitive Advantage through earlier store opening
- Outsourcing of non Core Competency leads to increased profits
- Reduced financial cost enable returns saved monies to fuel growth
Starbucks needs to create a new Store delivery Ecosystem to:
- Transforming the Supply Chain Infrastructure
- Product development mindset
- Repetitive Manufacturing & Modularization
- Store Role as Assembling vs Construction