A comprehensive configuration, change, and
compliance management tool.
Network Configuration Manager
Fact #1 Configuration management tool is an
essential to organizations of any size.
Myth #1 Configuration management
tool is a luxury
• No visibility into the status of device configurations.
• Repetitive configuration changes to meet the business needs.
• Productivity loss while reverting a faulty device.
• Configuration errors due to manual execution.
Drawbacks of not having a NCM tool.
What can NCM do to your business?
• Increased efficiency, stability, and control of your network.
• Enhanced system reliability through preventive detection of faulty changes.
• Better quality of service owing to faster troubleshooting.
• Faster restoration of service using pre-configured remedies.
42% of ransomware victims were able to restore their network. Thanks
to their network admins for having updated backups. (source)
Fact #2 Backups are an everyday activity.
Myth #2 Backups are required only
when there is an outage
• Save time and effort with scheduled & automated backup.
• Protect critical devices with reliable backups of device configurations. Label
the best working version of the configuration as 'Baseline'.
• Quickly recover from failed configuration changes by restoring the baseline
How do backups help your network?
• Long hours spent in manually fetching the backup of each device.
• Unencrypted local storage of config files opening the network to
• Consumption of human resource to perform backups for several
• Risk of missing a backup operation of a critical device.
What are the challenges in procuring config
36% of network outages are caused by configuration errors. (source)
Fact #3 Big disasters come disguised as small stray changes.
Myth #3 Config. changes are no big
How do you capture, analyze & revert a
• Detect & track changes in real-time.
• Be notified of the config changes with change notifications.
• Spot the erroneous change with the side-by-side diff view of config
• Know who makes what change using role-based access control.
• Restrict access to critical device configuration by setting the scope for
• Nuke network issues at the beginning by reverting faulty changes in
Employee negligence is the root cause of 68% of security breaches. (source)
Fact #4 Compliance violations create loop holes and increase vulnerabilities.
Myth #4 Compliance violations pose no
How would you be compliant?
• Out-of-the-box support for SOX, HIPAA, PCI, & Cisco IOS policies.
• Custom policies to suit your business
• Go beyond compliance and set rules for monitoring as well!
How would you check the traffic
visibility of your network?
• The interface speed in a router has to be set for proper traffic allocation and visibility.
• Using the custom rule in NCM, you can check if the speed is set in all the interfaces of a router.
In a config file, Interface starts with 'interface'
In a config file, Interface ends with '!'
To exclude the interfaces that are shut down
To check if the speed is set
Working overtime increases the risk of illness by 61%.
Fact #5 Automate configuration commands and remediation actions
Myth #5 Troubleshooting is always
complex, manual & time consuming
How to troubleshoot & self-remediate
• Executable configuration templates that can be applied to network devices remotely.
• Using configlets, you can:
• Fix faulty devices
• Execute configuration changes
• Execute network operations
• Automate remediation
• Upgrade device firmwares
Automate corrective actions with
configlets using workflows.
Alarm about traffic
spike in a particular
Execute configlet to
Upgrade device firmwares remotely.
Having outdated firmwares will lead to:
• Increased vulnerabilities
• Not being able to utilize new features
• Software crash
• Slowness in obsolete devices leading to loss of
How does NCM help you with this?
• Point at the exact location of the latest firmware
• Upgrade device firmwares from within the NCM console
• Bulk upgrade on a single click
Auditing is post-mortem. Start using reports for real-time monitoring.
Fact #7 Reports provide a comprehensive status of the network for day-
Myth #6 Reports are only for audit
• Understand your network in a glance with graphical representation
of the status of your network.
• Find the root cause of a problem by drilling down the reports.
• Be ready for an audit anytime with updated reports right in your
Learn about the change & compliance
status in real-time
• Easy-to-deploy and use
• Intuitive UI
• Add-on to NetFlow Analyzer and OpManager
• Dynamic device groups
How does ManageEngine Network Configuration
Manager stand out?
What's the ROI of Network Configuration Manager to
• IT staff productivity increase.
Automate redundant IT operations & free up valuable resources for business-related
• User productivity increase.
Reduce user downtime caused by unannounced system outages owing to faulty
• IT cost reduction.
Reduce IT costs with increased infrastructure efficiency and better software