Case study: Leading bank uses NetFlow Analyzer to solve mysteries on their network.
NetFlow Analyzer helped a leading
bank to solve mysteries on their
network.! Case study!
Number of branches:!
3 and over 10,000+ users!
Internet banking, retail banking, !
Monitored 20,000 interfaces !
including routers, switches & !
• Assess immediate and future
bandwidth needs for smooth
functioning of its branches, spread
across different locations.!
• Provide high priority to their critical
business applications so that they
are up and accessible all the time.!
• Handle huge risk of data of their
1000+ users and prevent network
from security threats and DDoS
• Identify and troubleshoot network
issues faster before affecting end-
Looking for network visibility of their 3 branches with
around 20,000 interfaces spread across all branches.!
• Helps to know the top talkers in the network for effective
• Monitoring of site links and notify if there is an issue at
any of the branches. !
• Helps to assess long-term usage trends on its network
• Shape QoS policies to meet bandwidth need.!
• Monitor network behavior for any anomalies or attacks.!
NetFlow Analyzer capabilities!
“NetFlow Analyzer provides real-time visibility
into our network’s bandwidth and prevent it from
various network vulnerabilities .” !
Customize dashboard for quick view on top talkers. !
Monitor trafﬁc at each site to check for bandwidth spikes. !
Monitor if business critical apps are accessible from all
Drillable conversation page to know which IP, application
& protocol are consuming bandwidth.!
Get control of excessive bandwidth with QoS monitoring
and prioritize critical trafﬁc/apps.!
Continuous security monitoring and anomaly detection to
secure network from threats.!
Helps to take future bandwidth decisions and know when
more bandwidth is needed.!
Monitor the trafﬁc pattern with compare reports.!
One ﬁne day, at peak working hours the network
connection gets saturated, and the employees are
unable to reach the cash management server. The
business goes down and the real need was to ﬁnd out
suspect and resolve it soon. The suspect could have
been be anything. !
Using NetFlow Analyzer we learnt that something on the
LAN is consuming a lot of bandwidth, and the real
mystery was to know who is the culprit? !
With NetFlow Analyzer’s search & forensics reports, it
was possible to track the IPs responsible for network
spike and block them to bring back network to normal. !
• Make informed decisions to save bandwidth cost.!
• Reduces administrative tasks with advanced analytics
• Be proactive to network faults and troubleshoot them
• Single point of monitoring for all branches helped to
reduce monitoring time.!
• Deliver better service to internal and external