Global Airline giant's application performance monitoring solution!
Applications Manager helps global
airline giant scale new heights!
About the customer
• Global airline giant with operations across Europe, Americas,
Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.
• Leading airlines with one of the largest fleets in the world.
• Over 20,000 employees.
• Services in over 100 destinations across the world.
IT team's responsibilities:
• Monitor over 2000 applications and servers consistently.
• Maintain and develop the server infrastructure in the organization.
• Avoid unplanned outages and address downtimes immediately.
• Ensure the availability of applications and their underlying components at all
Keeping in mind the impact any outage can cause to our
operations and revenue, it is important to have the best
monitoring solution employed to ensure uninterrupted
delivery of services.
Applications Manager ensures that the global
operations of the airline are not impacted by any
unplanned or sudden downtimes.
Applications monitored with Applications Manager:
• MS Exchange
• MS SQL
• Database queries
• Linux server
• Oracle database servers
• Active directory
• Web services
• Windows servers
The IT team was finding it challenging to:
• Understand and manage complex setups. ✘
• Have an overall control over servers. ✘
• Ensure maximum availability and efficiency of servers. ✘
• Configure timely notifications and alerts. ✘
• Eliminate recurring issues. ✘
• Generate precise and timely reports. ✘
After trying out a few monitoring tools, they were still not satisfied with the performances
of any. In fact, their problems kept increasing!
Very expensive Limited range of
Poor tech support
Issues with third-
They instantly gained complete visibility into their
applications - something they lacked before.
• Overall performance stats of applications in one page. Widgets to customize
With health and availability history of servers, the airline was able to plan its future business
operations confidently without the risk of unexpected failures.
• Instant alerts in case
of any abnormal
• Notify admins
• Troubleshoot before
user experiences an
Alarms and notifications
Key performance metrics
Monitoring critical performance metrics
helped the airline maximize server
availability and thereby server efficiency.
With Root Cause Analysis (RCA), their admins could not only detect faults but
also eliminate them permanently, by identifying the source of the problem.
• Analyse variations in
• Better understanding of
issues and troubleshooting
• Informed business
• Understand and manage complex setups.
• Have an overall control over servers.
• Ensure maximum availability and efficiency of servers.
• Configure timely notifications and alerts.
• Eliminate recurring issues.
• Generate precise and timely reports.
We tried a couple of tools but in the end, the ease of use, wide range of
monitoring capabilities and a reasonable price eventually made us
choose Applications Manager.
Downtimes are rare and server performances now are visibly better.
- IT Team
Download your free trial here.