Issues to address
● How to build the pip packages?
– setup.py for server & addons.
– Package version numbers.
– Support for “series” (v7, v8) .
– Automate the builds for module repos.
● How to distribute packages?
– Use PyPi? Or create another index?
What do we need to consider?
i. Build module packagesi. Build module packages
ii. Distribute packagesii. Distribute packages
iii. Install and updateiii. Install and update
i. Getting packages built
Template setup.py for modules*
– Target into site-packages/openerp/addons/
– Versions: bzr revno; git/hg unix timestamp.→ →
– A build tool: pipo build command
Modified Server setup.py*
– Packaged as “openerp-base”
– Add basic web dependencies
* Based on Vo Minh Thu's work: https://github.com/noteed/openerpdist
pipo: pip for OpenERP
Module packager: build command.
Wrapper around pip (todo!):
– install and update modules.
– “glue” pip with server commands.
● $ pipo build ./addons-dir ./pkgs-dir
● $ pipo install openerp-sale
Pypi-line index distribution openerpapps.info
– Channels/series: openerp/8.0, ocb/7.0, …
– Server dependencies included in Index: skip PyPi.
Automated builds with pipo.py
– Only changed modules are rebuilt.
– Multiple vcs support: bzr, git, hg.
ii. Distributing the packages
Iii. Installation the pip way
● $ virtualenv --system-site-packages mydemo
● $ source mydemo/bin/activate
$ pip install --index-url