• Go to Dev Tool
• PresentaHon Layer
‐ PresentaHon ApplicaHons are small PHP apps that display enhanced search
results using data services.
• Custom Data Services
‐ Data Services provide structured informaHon to display in Yahoo! Search
• Data Feeds
‐ Data Feeds are XML feeds in SearchMonkey's naHve DataRSS format. Site
owners can submit structured data to Yahoo! Search for inclusion in the
Custom Data Services
• Data Services provide structured informaHon to display in Yahoo!
• You can create a custom data service by calling an API or by
extracHng structured data from web pages.
• You can create a new data service, start with a sample data
service or import data service.
• Basic Info ‐> URLs ‐> Data ExtracHon ‐> ConﬁrmaHon
Step 1: Specify you custom name, type,
Step 2: Specify your trigger and test URLs
• Specify a url paUern to match
against search results and
trigger your data service.
• MulHple wildcards are
supported—you may begin and
end your paUern with a
wildcard, "*", which matches
• Add test urls
• Auto ﬁnd urls
Step 3: Deﬁne your page extracHon rules
• Specify XSLT code for extracHng informaHon from the page and
represenHng that informaHon as DataRSS.
‐ XSLT is a language for transforming XML documents into other XML
‐ XSLT makes use of the expression language deﬁned by XPATH for selecHng
elements for processing.
• For assistance with wriHng XPATH expressions, try the XPather
Create a New ApplicaHon
• PresentaHon ApplicaHons are small PHP apps that display
enhanced search results using data services.
• You can use an exisHng data service or create a custom service
• You can create a new applicaHon, start with a sample applicaHon
or import applicaHon.
• Basic Info ‐> URLs ‐> Data Services ‐> Appearance ‐> ConﬁrmaHon
Step 1: specify your applicaHon’s name, type
PresentaHon Templates (Enhanced Result)
• Enhanced Result
‐ Overwrites the search result itself — it can change the Htle,
the summary, and more.
‐ They are limited to a speciﬁc set of presenta:on elements,
arranged in a par:cular format.
‐ Title, Summary, Image, Link, Dict
PresentaHon Templates (Infobar)
‐ An expandable pane beneath a search result that provides
addiHonal informaHon about the result.
‐ You can also use general HTML markup to create much more
Publish Your ApplicaHon
• Three basic version types
‐ Dev: private
‐ Sharable: useable by any logged‐in user
‐ Gallery: a repository of high‐quality applicaHons
• You also can use the ‘export’ and ‘import’ funcHons to share your
code with your colleagues.
ACer Publishing with Sharing
(Ange YouTube) hUp://gallery.search.yahoo.com/applicaHon?smid=SW1.s
How does it work?
• Site owners/publishers share structured data with Yahoo!
• Site owners & third‐party developers build SearchMonkey apps
• Consumers customize their search experience with Enhanced Results or