+There are 2 options for you to do it:
A. Option1: Content Control for Digital Documents
B. Option 2: Check boxes for Printed Documents
1: Content Control for Digital
• In order to create fillable forms that include check boxes, you will need to
start by enabling the developer tab by clicking on the “File” drop-down menu
and then choose “Options.” Open the “Customize Ribbon” tab and select the
“Main Tabs” option under “Customize the Ribbon.”
• Then you will need to select the “Developer” box and press “OK.”
• Once you have done this, you will notice that an additional menu has been
added to the top of the screen with several new developer options.
• Now that you have enabled the Developer Tab, you are ready to add your check boxes. Simply
create your question, as well as the responses. Open the developer tab, and click on the “Check
Box Content Control” option Checkbox icon 1.
• Once you have done this, you should repeat it for all your responses. You will see the check box
next to your answers as shown below.
2: Check boxes for Printed Documents
• Insert a custom bullet point . In the “Home” tab of MS Word, under the “Paragraph”
section, you will see an option to insert bullet points.
• Simply click on the small arrow next to it, and then select the “Define New Bullet”
option. You will notice that there are already a few options there, but there is no
• Now that you have chosen to define a custom bullet point, you will need to select the
• When you open the symbol window, you will see many different options. You will need to
click on the “Symbol” drop-down menu and select “Wingdings 2.”
• Now you will need to enter the number “163” into the “Character Code” box to
automatically navigate to the best check box option available in Word.
• Once this is done, you can finish your list of responses in the same way you would use
• Now, the next time you need them, you will just need to click on the small arrow next to
the bullet options and you will see the check box listed with the default options.