G+4 Resi. / Comm. Building on plot 6183898, Nad Al Sheba
Mitigation Plan to Recover Prevailing Delays
• Project Status
• Reasons for the delay
• Impact of Delays
• Mitigation Measures
• Mitigation Details
• Mitigation Plan
• Mitigation Result
Project Details & Status
Project Name G+4 Residentail / Commercial Bldg on Plot No. 6183898
Consultant Design and Architecture Bureau (DAR)
Contractor Belhasa Engg & Cont. Co.
Project Start Date Oct 25, 2015
Project Finish Date April 23, 2017
Total Duration (days) 548
Data Date July 24, 2016
Elapsed Time (days) 273
Remaining Time (days) 275
Expected Finish Date
August 13, 2017 (Excluding Potential Delays to the DEWA
Planned Progress in % 13.74%
Actual Progress in % 8.72%
Overall Delay in Days 111 (Including Prevailing Delays to the DEWA activities)
Impacted Delay in Days 48 (Excluding Potential Delays to the DEWA activities)
Reason for the delays
• PT design approval
• Delay in Receipt of DEWA NOC for the electrical
• Shortage of manpower
Impact of Delays
• Delay in the Progress of 1st Floor Slab
• Potential Delays in the procurement and
installation of Electrical installations including
• Delay in the completion of the structure.
• Increase of labor force.
• Providing additional form work material to expedite the works.
• Provision of additional tower crane operator to enable double shift
• Re-sequencing the program to mitigate the prevailing delays.
– A total of 79 labors were increased which increases the carpenters, steel fixers &
Helpers from 73, 55 & 55 to 113, 75 & 65 respectively.
– A total of 15 more columns sets will be added, which is in addition the existing 30
nos., to support the additional work force and to have a continuous work fronts.
– 2 full time crane operators will be allocated to each of the proposed two shifts to
enable the flow of materials to the work fronts.
– Schedule compression techniques such as crashing and fast tracking is used to
reschedule remaining works in order to mitigate the impact of the prevailing delays.
– While crashing techniques is applied to structural activities, fast tracking is applied to
civil finishes and installations of other trades.
S.No Description Zone 1-Part A Zone 1-Part B
A Zone 2-Part B
1 1st floor Completed Completed Completed Completed Completed
2 2nd floor Completed Completed 04-Aug-16 30-Jul-16 04-Aug-16
3 3rd floor 10-Aug-16 15-Aug-16 21-Aug-16 18-Aug-16 21-Aug-16
4 4th floor 24-Aug-16 28-Aug-16 03-Sep-16 31-Aug-16 03-Sep-16
5 Roof floor 04-Sep-16 07-Sep-16 15-Sep-16 11-Sep-16 15-Sep-16
Recovery Program (Summary)
• J222- Mitigation Summary.pdf
• This Mitigation Plan is subject to the following qualifications which are required to be addressed by
concerned parties in order for the mitigation measures to be successful.
1. Roof Slab to be completed by 15th September 2016.
2. DEWA NOC to be available by 08th August 2016.
3. Submission of LV Design to DEWA by 24th August 2016.
4. Approval of LV Design by DEWA by 30th October 2016.
5. Procurement of LV Panels, switch gears, DB’s & SMDB’s to be completed within 12 weeks from
the DEWA approval of the LV design and load schedules.
6. Transformers to be delivered within 12 weeks from the payment of the estimate.
7. Estimate to be paid within 5 working days from its availability.
8. Testing & Commissioning of Electrical systems to be completed by 6 weeks.
9. Revised procurement plan as per the program AT31 with crashed periods in the procurement
process has to be adhered and respected.