• Michael Jackson has had many iconic videos that many
people remember, for example, Billie Jean.
• Thriller is one of the most memorable music videos ever
made and continues to be a success 30 years on with a
total of 186,077,674 views on YouTube.
• John Landis directed the 13 minute video to make it one of
the most famous music videos to date. As well as directing
this he also directed Blues Brothers and Beverly Hills Cop III.
• Guinness World Records listed in 2006 as the most
successful music video, selling over 9 million copies.
• The track is not only a classic but is also seen as number
one on Billboards ‘Top 10 Halloween Songs’ .
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
• Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friends by Gentlemen
• Famous for starring Marilyn Monroe. The video
shows how Marilyn is in charge and can
• The body language and gestures made in this
video were seen as outrageous and very
controversial as women were not meant to be
doing them sort of actions as well as suggesting
what the lyrics are implying.
• Madonna has had a few videos that she is now famous for.
• Material Girl being one of them – more modernised remake
of the video for Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend – Madonna
said it was a tribute to Marilyn who is such an iconic female in
• Like A Prayer was a controversial music video released by
• The video was very controversial for a few reasons. One
reason was Madonna is dancing in a field with three burning
crosses behind her, the other is that in the church she is in for
most of the video, there is an African American Jesus. This
started many religious complaints and many people wanting
the video to be banned. However, now the video seems very
tame compared to the music videos that are being released
A-Ha – Take On Me
• Iconic music video as it brings together real
life and a cartoon comic strip.
• Was one of the newest bits of technology
when it was released, was mind-blowing for
• Shows that what happens in reality affects
what happens in the comic book which gives
the video a unique twist.
• Used YouTube to enter the market and use the
new platform to get their name spread across the
• Their first video went viral and reached over 6
million views months after its release. Being shot
all in one take it makes it seem more impressive.
• They have successfully used the use of interactive
websites to now create some of their more
newer music videos.