Do’s and Don’ts
● Do always use unique part numbers. If you have Door.sldasm containing Door.sldprt OpenBOM
will give each PN=”Door”. So use one of the methods described in earlier webinars to set uniques
● Don’t rely on File Name. Consider non-intelligent part numbers.
● Do be mindful of your “Default Catalog” when Creating BOM (Solidworks Items)
● Do read the messages, they say what is going to happen
● Do Use “BOM” (one click BOM & Catalog) and “Save Item” (for updating a catalog)
● Don’t use the “Catalog” command. It is being deprecated.
● If you use configurations spend time to understand this. Webinar #26
● Be sure each configuration has it’s own part number OR is derived.
● Watch for duplicate BOMs for configurations!!! Flatten Quantities will be double!
● → Stick to Default when possible