A Power Point Presentation of selected quotes on the importance of slowing down, of rest and relaxation in one's busy life.
The 'high speed' pics were sent by a friend through email. Please download for background music.
5. The mark of a successful man is one that has spent an entire day on the bank of a river without feeling guilty about it. ~Author Unknown
6. One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. ~Bertrand Russell
7. Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering. ~Pooh's Little Instruction Book, inspired by A.A. Milne
8. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace. ~Milan Kundera
9. There is more to life than increasing its speed. ~Mohandas K. Gandhi
10. A poor life this, if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare. ~William Henry Davies
11. Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you. ~ John De Paola
12. Don't let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries. ~Astrid Alauda
13. Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are. ~Chinese Proverb
14. Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time. ~J. Lubbock