Be the first to like this
How Food Safety Can Protect Your Business
The cost of foodborne illness in the United States is now estimated at approximately $77.7 billion annually, according to an analysis published in the January 2012 issue of the Journal of Food Protection by Dr. Robert Scharff, a researcher at The Ohio State University. Keeping your restaurant safe is big business.
In fact, food safety is more than just make sure you use right cutting board and that all staff wash their hands appropriately. A sign of a progressive company is one that is proactive not reactive. Learn how you can be proactive.
In this informative ORA Restaurant Education Series webinar, offered FREE to members, you and your management staff will learn:
• Methods for improving safety in your operations;
• Ohio’s existing food safety requirements and anticipated changes;
• Determining what type of food safety training, ether online or in-person, is best for your budget and business;
• The ServSafe options that meet Ohio’s requirements: Level 1 Person in Charge (PIC) and Level 2 ServSafe Food Handler; and
• Details about the new ServSafe Allergens online training program
All webinar participants will receive useful free safety posters and educational tools for display in your operations.
Speakers will include Jean A. Hayden, R.S. and Scott Nowicki from Ohio Department of Health and Vito Palazzolo and Tony Pupillo from the National Restaurant Association.
The information will be especially helpful to:
• New food service industry owners and operators
• New managers, supervisors and managers in training
• Anyone seeking a food safety refresher