Monuments in Kielce: National Museum

770 views

Published on

Monuments in Kielce: National Museum

Published in: Education
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
770
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
257
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Monuments in Kielce: National Museum

  1. 1. National Museum Sergi Gonzàlez David Castañer
  2. 2. History of the National Museum in Kielce. <ul><li>This monument was built in 1908. </li></ul><ul><li>The first director was Szymon Tadeusz Wlosezc. </li></ul><ul><li>In 1910 the museum already had 1986 catalogued things. </li></ul>
  3. 3. <ul><li>The petrified tree from Miedziana Góra from Feliks Rybarski’s was the first thing in the museum catalog. </li></ul><ul><li>When Szymon Włoszek died in 1933 , the management of the Museum was taken over by Sylwester Kowalczewski. </li></ul><ul><li>He organized the Exhibition of Świętokrzyski Region in 1936 in Warsaw. </li></ul><ul><li>From this year the Museum was called Świetokrzyskie. </li></ul>
  4. 5. <ul><li>The first exhibition after war was organized by Zygmunt Włodzimierz Pyzik and Janusz Kuczyński. </li></ul><ul><li>Attendance was increasing: </li></ul><ul><li>1946 – 2,500 visitors; </li></ul><ul><li>1953 – 19,500; </li></ul><ul><li>1958 – 38,000; </li></ul><ul><li>1961 – 48,500; </li></ul><ul><li>1967– 80,000. </li></ul>
  5. 6. <ul><li>The Gallery of Polish Painting appeared, Museum bought paintings by Lampi, Siemiradzki, Kostrzewski, Grottger, Brandt, Wyspiański, Pankiewicz, Boznańska and many others. </li></ul>
  6. 7. <ul><li>In 1971 a 17th - century Bishops’ Palace became part of the Museum. At the same time the restoration of the Palace began. </li></ul><ul><li>In 1974, the number of visitors was more than 100,000. In recognition of Swietokrzyskie Museum's achievements in 1975 it was declared National Museum. </li></ul>
  7. 8. <ul><li>In 1998 in the north wing of the palace and the Gallery of Polish Painting and Decorative Arts opened. </li></ul><ul><li>The director, Alojzy Oborny built an Italian garden. </li></ul>
  8. 9. <ul><li>“ Passion of collecting” was a presentation of more than 1000 objects (European and Eastern weapons, decorative arts, painting), it was in 2008. </li></ul>

×