A Kaizen Event/Blitz is a rapid, focused application of Lean methods to reduce waste so as to improve cost, quality, delivery, speed, flexibility and responsiveness to internal/external customer needs. For a Kaizen event to be effective, it has to be well planned and executed.
This presentation guide provides a step-by-step guidance to the planning, preparation and conducting a Kaizen Event. It includes post-event follow up activities as well as templates for Kaizen charter and presentation to management and other stakeholders.
- What is Kaizen?
- 10 rules of Kaizen
- What is the purpose of Kaizen?
- Types of waste
- What is a Kaizen event?
- Benefts of Kaizen and Kaizen events
Phase 1: Pre-event Preparation
- Select an area
- Select a problem for improvement
- Common projects for Kaizen events
- Setting goals
- Select team leader
- Team leader role
- Select team members
- Facilities and logistics
- Collecting information
- Preparing the area, materials and resources
- Conference room or Gemba?
- Pre-event communications
- Tips for success
- Kaizen event rules
Phase 2: The Kaizen Event
- The Kaizen event/blitz
- The Kaizen process
- Kaizen event agenda
- How to conduct a 5S Kaizen event
- Understand current situation
- Develop future state design
- Make the improvements
- Report out and celebrate
Phase 3: Post-event Follow Up
- Follow up with event sponsor/champion and event leaders
- Tracking progress against performance goals
- Project review and closing out
- Publish follow-up communication
- Kaizen event templates
- Kaizen event presentation templates
To download this complete presentation, please go to: http://www.oeconsulting.com.sg