Benchmarking is the process of continually searching for the best methods, practices and processes, and either adopting or adapting their good features and implementing them to become the “best of the best.” To become the best-in-class, organizations need to implement the right process to get there.
Based on the world renowned Xerox Benchmarking Process model pioneered by Robert C. Camp, this presentation deck covers the benefits of benchmarking, various types of benchmarking, identifying what to benchmark, and provides a detailed step by step guidance on how to systematically carry out a benchmarking project. It also includes useful tips on benchmarking, benchmarking etiquettes and the critical success factors.
1. Gain a broad understanding of the key concepts of benchmarking.
2. Learn how to identify, assess and implement various types of benchmarking projects to meet the your organization’s goals based on the Xerox Benchmarking model.
3. Gain awareness of the code of conduct for benchmarking and make preparations to get the most out of a site visit.
4. Define the critical success factors in benchmarking implementation.
5. Kick-start benchmarking projects that are aligned to your company’s strategic goals.
Introduction to Benchmarking
The Xerox Benchmarking Process
Step 1: What to benchmark?
Step 2: Whom to benchmark?
Step 3: Data collection
Step 4: Determine current performance “gap”
Step 5: Project future performance levels
Step 6: Communicate findings and gain acceptance
Step 7: Establish goals
Step 8: Develop action plans
Step 9: Implement actions and monitor progress
Step 10: Re-calibrate benchmarks
Benchmarking Roles and Responsibilities
Benchmarking Inspection Checklist (Toll-gate Review)
Benchmarking Site Visit
Benchmarking Pitfalls & Success
To download this complete presentation, please visit: http://www.oeconsulting.com.sg