The Creative Company
Building a Brand can help you get the edge
Building a brand is important for small
companies and as well as multi national
corporations. It’s important not overlook it.
At Oddbox design we improve your chances.
• What is branding?
• What’s the importance of branding?
• How can branding benefit my business?
• Tips to start creating a brand
• Branding pitfalls and mistakes
• Making your brand a success
• Protecting your brand
What is branding?
• Simply a brand is associated with a business as
a visual way for a company to identify them or
their products differently from the
• Brands are usually recognised even if people
do not know about the business or product
What’s the importance of branding?
• Having a good brand is not only for multi
national companies but can be critical for
even the smallest business.
• If a brand works it can convince customers
and can raise the expectations connected with
a business, product or service. Creating a extra
Value from your products or services.
How can branding benefit my business?
• The main benefit of branding inspires
customer recognition , trust and Loyalty
• Become more memorable and unique
• It gives you a competitive advantage over
• Stand out for your competitors.
• Branding can be profitable.
• Help win customers
Tips to start creating a brand
• Consistent Advertising
• Increase Public Reputation
• Develop a mission statement
• Create memorable tagline
• Create a company overview
• Give a real value and stand for something
• Focus on what your business wants to achieve for its customers.
• Manage your brand to reflect current trends
• Be honest
• Complete a Brand review by collecting all your
printed materials and compare it against other competitors
• Inconsistent advertising and Identify
• Poor visual symbols
• Poor monitoring & review
• Slow response to reflect changing trends
• Under trained Staff in understanding the company brand
• Unfocused branding on non core services
• Unmemorable tag line not expressing who you are and what
• Poor customer response or perception of brand
Making your brand a success
• Focus on what your business is good at doing
• Pay attention to your customers
• Keep it simple and consistent
• Be detailed
• Add it to all your promotional material
• Monitor and review any changes to see the impact
• Change your brand with the times and to you reflect new
development in you company
• Use the internet to reach a larger customer base
Making your brand a success
Here below are some things to focus on
• Don’t spend to much time on your business logo, the main important
issue is to include it on ever piece of stationery and promotion material.
• Get a website that reflects your brand to give confidence and consistency
• Use Social Media to promote your new brand , websites, Facebook,
• Develop a new marketing plan for your new brand and include
direct/email campaigns or other traditional forms of promotion , have a
mixture to gain the right impact.
• Develop a company overview and mission statement on a single page this
could include a case study and the benefits of your business
• Get Networking. Local Chamber of commerce, Federation of
Small Business (FSB) have great opportunities to promote
Protecting your brand
• Appoint key employees to look after and
review in accordance to your brand goals
• Seek legal advice regarding trademark and
• Contact you're Local FSB Branch or Chamber
of commerce for advice.
• More information can be found at
• Branding your business does encompass everything
you do. Its from the inside and only your staff and
you can deliver the new message.
• Your branding strategy is critical to your business
long term success.
• Branding your business can be key to influencing a
positive response of your audience
• It can add real value to your company
• Thank you for taking the time reading through
our slides. We hope you have found it useful.
• If you have any questions or need assistance
please don’t hesitate to email
TEL : 0161 298 1022