Be the first to like this
Welcome to Hollywood, 1913!
This is a hack made in 24 hours at Hollywood Hack Day 2013 by Oscar Celma and Ching-Wei Chen.
Given any movie, we convert it to a silent film by:
1) Extracting the frames
2) Converting them to B&W and applying a Sepia effect
3) Adding scratches and noise
4) Randomly removing some frames
5) Subsampling to 15 FPS
6) Selecting old songs (jazzy, 20s, etc.) based on Gracenote metadata
All done using Python, PIL, and ffmpeg.
No video editing software was used in the making of this film. Take that, Final Cut Pro!
- "A Spaniard in Hollywood": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTnhsJOsguU
- Pulp Fiction:
- King Kong (2005):