This presentation contains certain forward-looking statements which may not be based on historical fact, including without limitation, statements regarding Organto Foods Inc.’s
("Organto") expectations in respect of its business strategy, plans for future growth and expansion, access to capital, management expectations and events or developments that
Organto expects to take place in the future. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, are forward-looking information and statements. The words “believe”,
“expect”, “anticipate”, “contemplate”, “target”, “intends”, “continue”, “budget”, “estimate”, “may”, “will”, and similar expressions identify forward-looking information and
In addition to the forward-looking information and statements noted above, this presentation includes those that relate to the ability to raise additional capital and complete
future financings, capital expenditures and costs, the expected growth in the organic food industry and the ability of Organto to successfully execute its growth strategy. Such
growth strategy includes acquiring additional land, acquiring or building additional greenhouses, potential acquisitions of assets or companies, and increasing capacity of existing
facilities, among other plans discussed in this presentation.
Such forward-looking information and statements are necessarily based upon a number of estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by Organto as of the
date of such information and statements, are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies. Known and unknown factors
could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking information and statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the inability
of Organto to generate sufficient revenues or raise sufficient funds to carry out its business plan, changes in government legislation, taxation, controls, regulations and political or
economic developments in Guatemala, risks associated with farming activities generally, compliance with importation and exportation laws of various countries, significant
fluctuation in food prices, including the risk of obtaining necessary licenses and permits, inability to identify, negotiate and complete a potential acquisition for any reason, ability
to retain key employees, and general economic conditions. Many of these uncertainties and contingencies could affect Organto’s actual performance and could cause actual
performance to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking information and statements made by, or on behalf of, Organto. Readers are cautioned
that forward-looking information and statements are not guarantees of future performance. There can be no assurance that such information and statements will prove to be
accurate and actual results and future events could differ materially from those acknowledged in such information and statements.
Organto disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information and statements whether as a result of new information, future events or
otherwise, except to the extent required by applicable laws.
“Creating the Leading Consumer Brand in Organic
Vegetables and Fruits for a Growing Socially
Responsible and Health Conscious Consumer”
Who Are We?
- Entrepreneurs who believe in healthy food; grown in a socially conscious
- Vertically integrated company with farming, processing and packing, and
importing and distribution – U.S., Canada, Europe and Japan Organic
- Management with more than 85 years combined experience in natural and
- Operations in Canada, Guatemala, Argentina, USA & The Netherlands
- Mexican joint venture announced, business plan in progress
Strong Industry Fundamentals
“By 2020, it is expected that global organic food
consumption will reach US$160 Billion, to reach the
expected growth, there must be sufficient supply”
Source ABN AMRO report, June 23, 2016 - “ Large growth for
Organics but there is insufficient supply
Strong Industry Fundamentals
- Sourcing of fresh organic products year
round has become major issue for retailers
- Consistent, stable producers are rewarded
with larger market share
- Difficulty of obtaining or converting
conventional land to organic land has
exacerbated the problem of supply
- Minimum of five years before supply equals
demand of organic produce
Revenue Opportunities – Current Land Package
The current land and products provides Organto an opportunity for attractive
annual profits that can grow significantly over the coming years….
Revenue Opportunities – Growth Opportunities
….with many opportunities to increase position and expand products
Vertically Integrated Strategy
Our ability to control and operate more of the chain leads to increased market
• Organto Europa B.V.
• Eindhoven Heeren G&F
• Organto U.S.A. (Miami, FL)
packing & processing
• Regional and global
operations based on
• Joint operations with
(associations & coops)
• In-house FMCG branding
• Strong network of ”local”
influencers/ food bloggers
• Ability to run customized
promotions by packing in
Unique Selling Proposition
- USDA, Canadian, European and Japanese Organic Certification on Farms & Processing Plants
- Sole global provider of year-round available organic Haricots Verts
- Sole global provider of year-round available organic Snow Peas
- Sole global provider of year-round available organic Sugar Snaps
- Significant expansion opportunities for organic Asparagus
- Production & distribution infrastructure in Latin America, Europe & USA in place
- Team with significant experience in the organic produce industry
Consumer Brands – Organic (25% or more)
Tropicals Berries & Fruits Exotic VeggiesLettuces
Socially Conscious Business Practices
Commitment to communities and employees
Develop Social Programs
for communities in which Organto
Establish Key Partnerships with
leading universities to train employees on
best practices in organic farming.
Formal employment contracts vs
sub-contracting (industry standard).
Free Meals for employees.
Provide Medical Service for
employees and their families on a weekly
basis through charity foundations.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
Fully immersed in the communities in which we operate
- Indigenous Communities
- Funcef, Doctors without Borders, Manos del Sur
- Growing Associations
Associations and Certifications
Our strategy is to partner with the leading food associations and
certifications in the world:
Unique ground-floor opportunity to invest in a rapidly-growing, global organic
Highly experienced management team in all facets of production and logistics in organic
fruits and vegetables
Vertically-integrated and dominant organic producer
Socially oriented and community business practices are in our DNA
Favorable industry dynamics with supply shortages in key organic products
Current Management Team
Peter Gianulis – Founder, President & CEO
• 20 years of experience in consumer sector, particularly in the natural products and organic food industry. Invested in and advised more than 20
companies in the sector including Whole Foods, Hain Celestial Foods, Wild Oats, SunOpta, and United Natural Foods.
• Founder of Carrelton Asset Management, an asset management and PE firm specializing in small and micro-cap companies with the mandate to
invest in the natural product, consumer, and resource sectors.
• MBA from Cornell University with a B.A. from University of California, San Diego
Andrés Barresi - Chief Operating Officer
• 20+ years experience in agricultural and food industries for conventional and organic operations.
• Consultant with McKinsey and partner at Hermes Management Consulting, with over 25 years of experience working in Latin America.
• MBA from Cornell University with a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from University of Buenos Aires.
Marcus Meurs - Founder
• Dynamic entrepreneur with more than 25 years of experience in the global conventional & organic food industry.
• Founder of Pure Nature Organics and the “Pure Nature” brand in 2003 and grew the company to $35 million in sales. Pure Nature was acquired by
SunOpta in 2009
• Vast experience in managing all facets of an international food company: Operations, Processing, Logistics, Pricing, Sales, Strategies, Product
Development and Packaging among others.
• MBA from European University in International Management with BBA and BIS from Antwerp University
Current Management Team
Rients van der Wal - Managing Director – Europe
• 17 years of experience in the produce and organic food industry.
• Previously worked with Total Produce in Rotterdam and is in charge of Organto’s importing and distribution business (Organto B.V.) in Europe.
• Prior to joining Organto and Total Produce, managed operations for numerous production and farming companies.
Andres Pullin – Regional Manager – Guatemala
• Strong knowledge of local Guatemala farming and processing and plant operations.
• Responsible for all facets of operations including organic farming, community relations and packing plant.
• Family with long-history of organic farming in Guatemala – Organic coffee plantations.
Andrew Yau – Chief Financial Officer
• Extensive accounting background in private and publicly-traded companies
• Strong experience in complex accounting as well as M&A, RTO’s and divestures
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of British Columbia.
Mergers & Acquisitions – Opportunities
Branded Companies with Existing Distribution
Processing & Packing Facilities
Producing Operations in Current Areas of Operations
- US$3mm – US$7mm in sales
- New or complementary products
- 3x-5x EV/EBITDA acquisition value with payout over three year period
- U.S. and European opportunities abound
- Certifications and processes in place
- Strategically located near distribution markets (Europe and/or U.S.)
- Ability to purchase for $0.07-$0.25/kilo per annum of product processed
- Either transitional or organic land with proven history of production
- Crops that are in our area of expertise
- Logistical synergies and cost restructuring
• State-of-the-art processing and packing plant in Patzún, Guatemala
• 310 hectares of acquired or contracted organic farming land (partially certified organic)
• Acquired 5 hectares of greenhouse, 3.2 hectares organically-certified ready to use
• Signed 10 year exclusive contract for the use of 28,000m2 (300,000 ft2) packing and processing plant in General Roca,
Argentina (Patagonia Region)
• 150 hectare organic land in process of certification
• Setup Organto Europa BV in January 2016 for importing, marketing & distribution in Europe
• Created infrastructure for value-added consumer packing and processing (organically-certified) out of Europe
• Signed exclusive contract in the U.S. market with leading organic and Fair-Trade certified company with banana
operations in the Dominican Republic, Peru and Mexico
• Completed LOI for creation of Organto Mexico with leading private equity group
Panos “Peter” Gianulis
Founder, President & CEO
+1 786 252 4948
Global Managing Director
+1 514 402 4405
Founder, Marketing & Sales
+1 305 496 4487
Chief Operating Officer
+54 929 8464 1290
Organto Foods Inc.
1090 Hamilton St
Vancouver, BC V6B 2R9
+1 888 818-1364
Organto Foods Inc.
1548 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33129
+1 786 252-4948