• What problem are you solving?
- Possibly start with a story – make it real
• Who has this problem?
• How big is it?
- How many people have it?
- How much pain does it cause?
- Can you measure the size of the problem in $?
• What does your solution do?
• How does it work?
• Screenshots (live demo not recommended!)
• What did you actually build?
• Why is this cool / unique / valuable?
• How does it alleviate the market pain?
• Restate your tagline
• How many people did you talk to? (Charts are
• What did you learn?
• How did you integrate that into the product?
• Did you get anyone to [commit to] buy?
• How will you reach your customers?
• How will you overcome obscurity?
• What experiments have you run over the
Path to market
• Talk briefly about your competition, why you’re
awesome and they suck.
• Construct your axes with variables to show this
• How does it make money?
• Revenue streams, main and alternative
• CAC, LTV, ARPU, etc …
• Unit economics
• What does this business look like over time?
• Revenue, Cost, EBIT
• Include staff!
• What’s next after Startup Weekend?
• Why is now the right time for this?
• What’s the end game?
• Pictures of team, with cool titles and one-line
bios for people
• Restate the one major takeaway
• Your logo
• Tagline for a third time
Killer final slide
• One person only, max two
• Choose the best presenter (maybe not founder)
• Speak clearly and Engage
• Make it interesting
• Back up what you say with valid data
• Leave them wanting more
• Test everything (esp video) first