Para tal, desenvolveu-se uma primeira abordagem estética das artes, assentes na base comunicacional sintáctica .
Machinima, a Creative Technology
SLACTIONS 2012: Research conference on virtual worlds – Life, imagination,and work using metaverse platformsMachinima, a creative technologyNelson Zagalo, University of Minho, PortugalSecond Life, UTAD Island 15 Nov 2012
Machinima ( /məˈʃiːnɨmə/ or /məˈʃɪnɨmə/)1. is the use of real-time 3D computergraphics rendering engines to create acinematic production.2. video games are used to generate thecomputer animation.3. machinima-based artists, are often fanlaborers, by virtue of their re-use ofcopyrighted materials.
1. Real-time rendering enginesSoftware platforms that support coding 3D video games and virtualworlds. Doom engine Quake engine Half-life engine GTA engine Second Life engine Etc. etc.
1. Real-time rendering enginesDiary of a Camper (1996), one the first know machinima, created with Quakeengine.
2. Pre-fabricated worlds and behavioursArtifacts are created on top of pre-existing content previously createdby video game companies or single persons online.
3. Machinima, a remixing collaborative processAssets are remixed, reutilized and transformed.
3. Machinima, a remixing collaborative processThe way “mirror neurons” let us understand others is by a kind of innerimitation of the actions of other people. Mirror neurons helps in simulating andemulating others the intentions and emotions associated with those actions.Mirror neurons absorb culture directly, teach us socialization, open the realm ofa common world view through observation and imitation.We remix to express ourselves, and to learn about the external world.
Machinima revolutionizing film software Source Filmmaker, www.sourcefilmmaker.comReview: http://virtual-illusion.blogspot.pt/2012/07/source-film-maker-por-joao-morais.html
Professional machinimationsLEGO Star Wars: The Quest for R2-D2 (2009) LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (2005)LEGO Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Brick (2008) LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (2008)
Industry changing and adopting machinima principlesSome Vfx for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) from LucasFilm weremade using LucasArts game engine while they were preparing the game of the film on PS3.The game was then cancelled.
Machinima going Virtual CinemaMatrix Trilogy used techniques of virtual cinema, that were capturing real world elements andreconstructing worlds inside 3D engines, and then manipulating the 3D elements as if theywere real scenes.
Machinima technologies are,1 - Eliciting attractive and easy interaction, like a toy.2 - Serving a purpose, like helping, guiding, connecting orfacilitating the attaining of an objective, as tools do.3 - Enrolling players, engaging, motivating and maintainingconcentration while pushing for mastery, as games do.A Toy, a Tool and a Game.
SLACTIONS 2012: Research conference on virtual worlds – Life, imagination, and work using metaverse platformsMachinima, a creative technologyNelson Zagalo, email@example.comB. http://virtual-illusion.blogspot.ptH. http://nelsonzagalo.googlepages.comF. http://www.facebook.com/nelsonzagaloUniversidade do Minho