This presentation will cover a simple setup of a Jenkins (it can even run on your laptop), and a set of scripts will be demonstrated that enable the following automation and workflow:
- Run Drupal cron from Jenkins via drush
- Create backups
- Restore from backups
- Refresh a development environment with the database from live
- Update stage, triggered on a commit to version control
- Update production, manually triggered after testing stage
- As much as this will done live as possible; slides and screenshots will be a fallback. - Electronic copy of the scripts and other files will be provided, so that attendees can modify and use them.
The presentation is aimed at smaller teams and freelancers, who might consider an automated setup to have too much overhead to be worth it; the goal is to demonstrate that there is a good payoff from a small investment in DevOps.