And Speech Techniques Session By Dr. Nicholas Correa
Communication is an art <ul><li>Communication is an art. </li></ul><ul><li>Now a days, communication skills are playing a vital role in every walk of life and it helps you to improve your personality in public relations. </li></ul><ul><li>Good communication leads to success in every programme which you undertake in your day to day activities. </li></ul>
Communication has two components: 1. Expression 2. Listening.
Team Work Communication is given a paramount importance in the team work and to build a better interpersonal relations either at the working place, in any public places, in any gatherings or in get- together parties.
<ul><li>Many companies and institutions are organizing seminars and training camps, for improving the communication skills of their employees. </li></ul><ul><li>But, most of the times, these efforts are not yielding expected results, as they are giving importance to expression only, rather than listening which is not to be neglected at all. </li></ul>
In this competitive world, no doubt, your word has got a magic power in human relations, as it creates either friendship or enmity among you and your friends. Every word coming from our mouth acts as a “bridge” in enhancing and creating the (new) relationship.
1. Try to speak depending upon the surrounding situations and prevailing conditions.
2. Have confidence in yourself and speak firmly and confidently in clear terms.
3. Better speaking ability provides job opportunities like -in teaching profession, anchoring, TV, reporting, etc.
4. If situation demands, never hesitate to speak, and don ’ t be under the wrong impression that others may pass adverse comments against your way of talking. Don ’ t forget that, “ practice makes man perfect ” .
5. Try to improve your vocabulary and that gives good command over the language.
6. Your speech should be informative and be useful to the listener, like a lecture in the class-room or news over TV or radio.
1. Listen to anything attentively, like listening to music which you like and appreciate utmost.
2. Good listening helps in relaxing and re-emerging our selves.
3. While listening carefully observe the person ’ s body language, accentuation and variations in emotions (it helps you while you give your speech in the office, institution and/or public meetings).
4. Never be a passive listener, as it involves not listening but only “ hearing ’’ which is an involuntary act and it doesn ’ t help much in communication skills.
5. Do not distract the speaker by showing your disinterestedness, while listening. Never detest the speaker.