Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.
LATIN AMERICA
UPDATE
September 2021
www.nuricumbo.com
GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
Issues Optimistic Neutral Pesimistic
2020 Economic Fall -4.0% -4.4% -5.0%
2021 Economic Growth 6.2% 6.2...
LATIN AMERICA PERSPECTIVE
Issues Optimistic Neutral Pesimistic
2020 Economic Fall -6.5% -7.7% -9.0%
2021 Economic Growth 6...
NORTH AMERICA PERSPECTIVE
Issues Optimistic Neutral Pesimistic
2020 Economic Fall
Mexico: -7.5%
USA: -4.0%
Canada: -6.5%
M...
MEXICO PERSPECTIVE
Issues Optimistic Neutral Pesimistic
2020 Economic Fall -7.5% -8.5% -11.0%
2021 Economic Growth 6.4% 6....
$4.97 $5.21 $5.15
$0.00
$2.50
$5.00
$7.50
June July August
Brazil
Exchange Rates
$3,778.44 $3,858.63 $3,824.49
$0.00
$1,50...
Source: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Peru Central Banks, 2021.
48.80% 50.20% 51.80%
0.00%
15.00%
30.00%
...
$42,494 $42,503 $46,094
$0
$15,000
$30,000
$45,000
$60,000
June July July
Argentina
International Reserves
$350,996 $353,4...
62,372 66,005
76,452
0
18,000
36,000
54,000
72,000
90,000
June July August
Argentina
Capital Markets
126,802 121,801 118,7...
Foreign Direct Investmet
$11,873
$6,663
$4,019.00
$0
$4,000
$8,000
$12,000
2018 2019 2020
Argentina
$59,802 $65,386
$24,77...
Credit Ratings
Argentina
CCC
(March 9, 2021)
Source: Fitch Ratings, 2021.
Brazil
BB-
With NEGATIVE Outlook
(May 27, 2021)
...
Credit Ratings
Argentina
Ca
With STABLE Outlook
(September 28, 2020)
Source: Moody’s Investors Service, 2021.
Brazil
Ba2
W...
Credit Ratings
Argentina
CCC+
With STABLE Outlook
(April 15, 2021)
Source: Standard & Poor’s, 2021.
Brazil
BB-
With STABLE...
Country Presidents
Argentina
President: Alberto Fernandez
Birth: April 2, 1959
In Office Since: December 10, 2019
Politica...
CHINA AND RUSSIA HAVE DEVELOPED STRONG
VACCINE DIPLOMACY PROGRAMS
EL SALVADOR IS THE FIRST COUNTRY IN THE
WORLD TO RECOGNIZE BITCOIN AS LEGAL TENDER
PARTIAL AGREEMENT REACHED BETWEEN
VENEZUELA’S GOVERNMENT AND OPPOSITION
SEVERAL LATAM COUNTRIES ARE OPENING
THEIR DOORS TO AFGHAN REFUGEES
BRAZIL, COLOMBIA AND MEXICO HAVE STRONG
PERFORMANCE IN THE PARALYMPIC GAMES
LEGISLATIVE ELECTIONS IN ARGENTINA WILL BE A
REFERENDUM ON PRESIDENT FERNANDEZ
A TERRITORIAL DISPUTE BETWEEN ARGENTINA
AND CHILE IS UNDERWAY
MEXICO CITY TO REPLACE A COLUMBUS
MONUMENT WITH ONE OF INDIGENOUS WOMAN
WE ARE NURICUMBO + PARTNERS
COMPANY
PROFIT
Trusted Business Advisors
• Ad-hoc Training Programs.
• Policies and Procedures.
• NOM-035.
• Process Impro...
COMPANY
PROFIT
CFO As A Service
For more information, email us at
contacto@nuricumbo.com or whatsApp at
55.5453.6309
2
5
A...
PROPUESTA EN CIBERSEGURIDAD
40% de las empresas han sufrido ciberataques en el último año. Identificar y contener un event...
Strategic Alliance: DigiPro
2
7
Who is DigiPro?
Mexican Company leader in the process of
streamlining and digitalization u...
LATIN AMERICA OVERVIEW
Land Area
Source: The World Bank, 2018.
2,736,690
8,358,140
1,109,500
743,532
1,943,950
1,280,000
0
1,000,000
2,000,000
3,...
Ease of Doing Business Index
126 124
67
59 60
76
0
20
40
60
80
100
120
140
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru
Sou...
Population Growth
1.0%
0.7%
1.1%
0.9%
1.1%
1.4%
0%
1%
1%
2%
2%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru
Source: The Wor...
Total Population
45,376.7
212,559.4
50,882.8
19,116.2
128,932.7
32,971.8
0
50,000
100,000
150,000
200,000
250,000
Argentin...
Urban Population
92%
87%
81%
88%
81% 78%
0%
20%
40%
60%
80%
100%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru
Source: The W...
Poverty Headcount Ratio
1.5%
4.6%
4.9%
0.3%
1.7%
2.2%
0%
1%
2%
3%
4%
5%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru
Source...
Exports of Goods and Services
16.6% 16.9%
13.7%
31.5%
40.1%
22.3%
0.0%
10.0%
20.0%
30.0%
40.0%
50.0%
Argentina Brazil Colo...
Foreign Direct Investment
-
5,000
10,000
15,000
20,000
25,000
30,000
A
r
g
e
n
t
i
n
a
B
r
a
z
i
l
C
o
l
o
m
b
i
a
C
h
i
l...
Gross Domestic Product
$383,066.9
$1,444,733.2
$271,346.8 $252,940.0
$1,076,163.3
$202,014.3
$0
$300,000
$600,000
$900,000...
GDP Per Capita
$20,767.6
$14,836.3 $14,565.4
$25,067.7
$18,833.1
$11,879.2
$0.0
$5,000.0
$10,000.0
$15,000.0
$20,000.0
$25...
GDP Growth
-9.9%
-4.1%
-6.8%
-5.8% -8.2%
-11.1%
-12%
-11%
-10%
-9%
-8%
-7%
-6%
-5%
-4%
-3%
-2%
-1%
0%
1%
2%
3%
4%
5%
Argen...
Gross Savings
18.0%
15.0%
14.0%
21.0%
24.0%
19.4%
0%
5%
10%
15%
20%
25%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru
Source...
Personal Remittances
$0.0
$20,000.0
$40,000.0
$60,000.0
A
r
g
e
n
t
i
n
a
B
r
a
z
i
l
C
o
l
o
m
b
i
a
C
h
i
l
e
M
e
x
i
c
...
Total Reserves
$39,403.7
$355,614.3
$58,499.5
$39,166.1
$199,069.2
$67,711.5
$0.0
$50,000.0
$100,000.0
$150,000.0
$200,000...
Revenue
18.8%
29.1%
24.2%
21.6%
18.6% 19.5%
0%
5%
10%
15%
20%
25%
30%
35%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru
Sour...
Government Expenditure on Education
5.5%
6.3%
4.5%
5.4%
4.5%
3.8%
0%
2%
4%
6%
8%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Pe...
Labor Force
Source: The World Bank, 2020.
19,191.5
99,843.0
24,802.3
8,860.2
53,978.9
16,181.9
0
20,000
40,000
60,000
80,0...
Labor Force (Female)
43.3% 43.9% 42.7% 42.4%
38.5%
45.8%
0%
10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico...
Unemployment
11.7%
13.7%
15.4%
11.5%
4.7%
6.2%
0%
3%
6%
9%
12%
15%
18%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru
Source:...
Energy Use
Source: The World Bank, 2014 - 2015.
2,030
1,496
724
2,006
1,537
790
0
500
1,000
1,500
2,000
2,500
Argentina Br...
Renewable Electricity Output
28.1%
74.0%
68.2%
43.6%
15.4%
52.7%
0%
10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
Argentina Brazil Colom...
Population Living in Slums
14.7%
16.3%
27.8%
8.8%
16.0%
33.1%
0%
10%
20%
30%
40%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Pe...
External Debt Stocks
65.3%
31.8%
44.2%
38.1%
29.7%
0%
10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico P...
Bank Capital to Assets Ratio
13.5%
10.2%
17.0%
7.5%
11.0%
12.9%
0%
3%
6%
9%
12%
15%
18%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Me...
Bank Nonperforming Loans
to Total Gross Loans
5.7%
3.1%
4.2%
2.1% 2.1%
3.4%
0%
1%
2%
3%
4%
5%
6%
Argentina Brazil Colombia...
Deposit Interest Rate
29.3%
2.2%
3.4%
0.9% 1.5% 1.9%
0%
5%
10%
15%
20%
25%
30%
35%
40%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mex...
Lending Interest Rate
29.4% 29.0%
9.9%
4.2%
6.3%
12.9%
0%
5%
10%
15%
20%
25%
30%
35%
40%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile M...
Listed Domestic Companies
Source: The World Bank, 2019 - 2020.
91
345
65
194
140
199
0
50
100
150
200
250
300
350
400
Arge...
Market Capitalization of Listed Domestic
Companies
$39,393.54
$988,374.32
$106,315.20
$184,549.42
$399,616.70
$87,092.13
$...
Strength of Legal Rights Index
Source: The World Bank, 2019.
2 2
11
4
10
7
0
2
4
6
8
10
12
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile...
Military Expenditure
1.9%
3.9%
11.0%
7.2%
2.0%
5.4%
0%
2%
4%
6%
8%
10%
12%
14%
Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru...
WE ARE READY TO HELP YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS.
EMAIL
contacto@nuricumbo.com
WHATSAPP
+52.55.5453.6309
SCHEDULE A CALL
Click h...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

of

Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 1 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 2 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 3 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 4 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 5 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 6 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 7 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 8 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 9 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 10 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 11 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 12 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 13 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 14 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 15 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 16 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 17 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 18 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 19 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 20 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 21 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 22 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 23 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 24 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 25 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 26 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 27 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 28 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 29 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 30 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 31 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 32 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 33 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 34 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 35 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 36 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 37 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 38 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 39 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 40 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 41 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 42 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 43 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 44 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 45 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 46 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 47 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 48 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 49 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 50 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 51 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 52 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 53 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 54 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 55 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 56 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 57 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 58 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 59 Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021. Slide 60
Upcoming SlideShare
What to Upload to SlideShare
Next
Download to read offline and view in fullscreen.

0 Likes

Share

Download to read offline

Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021.

Download to read offline

Nuricumbo + Partners is specialized on subjects such as financial due diligence for M&A, special audits, independent process assessments, debt/equity solutions, on-demand financial talent, anti-corruption initiatives, enterprise risk management, and corporate governance. We have become trusted business advisors for companies of all sizes, providing direct support to CEOs and CFOs in special or confidential projects.

Related Books

Free with a 30 day trial from Scribd

See all

Related Audiobooks

Free with a 30 day trial from Scribd

See all
  • Be the first to like this

Our Newsletter. Mexico & Latin America. September 2021.

  1. 1. LATIN AMERICA UPDATE September 2021 www.nuricumbo.com
  2. 2. GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Issues Optimistic Neutral Pesimistic 2020 Economic Fall -4.0% -4.4% -5.0% 2021 Economic Growth 6.2% 6.2% 5.6% % of population vaccinated (Est. 2021. At least one dose.) 60% 55% 48% Covid Variants Current vaccines prove to be effective against Delta and other variants which allows economic recovery to continue Infections and mortality grow. Vaccines are relatively effective. Economy remains open despite the human cost. Delta and other variants prove resistant to current vaccines and lead to health system breakdowns in several countries. Crypto Adoption continues on a global basis. Regulation strikes the proper balance between risks and opportunities. Adoption by some Central Banks. Adoption continues but at a slow pace. The good mix of regulation and competition makes the industry more credible and brings even further investment and innovation. Crypto bubble bursts, creating a financial crisis and a reputational backslide against everything crypto. Progress in adoption is severely impacted. USA - China Despite the natural conflicts between an emerging power and a hegemonic power, cooperation prevails. "New Cold War" develops but with different levels and nuances. Taiwan and Hong Kong become hot spots for conflict. Fast escalation into military intervention and cyberwar. China markets Issues with technology companies are resolved relatively quickly without long- term impact on financial markets. Chinese government tries to regulate more proactively certain economic sectors that could challenge its power, such as technology. Efforts to regulate technology companies are only the beginning. Other sectors follow as China tries harder to ascertain its power internally and externally. 15% Estimated Probability Scenario 1 Optimistic 60% Estimated Probability Scenario 2 Neutral 25% Estimated Probability Scenario 3 Pesimistic
  3. 3. LATIN AMERICA PERSPECTIVE Issues Optimistic Neutral Pesimistic 2020 Economic Fall -6.5% -7.7% -9.0% 2021 Economic Growth 6.2% 5.9% 4.0% Unemployment 9.5% 10.6% 12.5% PIB per Capita (USD per annum) 10,000 9,000 7,000 Inequality (Gini) 0.45 0.47 0.53 Herd Immunity Early 2023 Mid 2023 2025 15% Estimated Probability Scenario 1 Optimistic 50% Estimated Probability Scenario 2 Neutral 35% Estimated Probability Scenario 3 Pesimistic
  4. 4. NORTH AMERICA PERSPECTIVE Issues Optimistic Neutral Pesimistic 2020 Economic Fall Mexico: -7.5% USA: -4.0% Canada: -6.5% Mexico: -8.5% USA: -4.3% Canada: -7.1% Mexico: -10.0% USA: -5.0% Canada: -7.5% 2021 Economic Growth Mexico: 6.4% USA: 7.2% Canada: 6.6% Mexico: 6.1% USA: 7.0% Canada: 6.2% Mexico: 4.0% USA: 5.2% Canada: 4.8% Time to Herd Immunity Mexico: 200 days USA: 85 days Mexico: 250 days USA: 90 days Canada: Achieved Mexico: 350 days USA: 200 days USMCA There are controversies. Some investments are canceled but many others go ahead. Mexico loses the opportunity to attract new investments and to seize the “near- shoring” wave. Labor, environmental and regulatory disputes generate a business environment full of conflict. Cooperation The three governments agree on some sort of pragmatic agenda. However, little progress in the next three years. USA and Canada agree on a bilateral agenda. Mexico is marginalized and cooperation opportunities are lost. Negative elements dominate the agenda with Mexico, such as drug trafficking, crime, and political instability. Energy Policy Mexico’s Congress rescues some parts of the 2013 Energy Reform and prevents further impact on Mexico’s credibility. Mexico becomes less attractive for energy investments. Pemex and CFE become the biggest financial risks for Mexico. Major legal disputes under USMCA rules impact Mexico’s credibility. 20% Estimated Probability Scenario 1 Optimistic 50% Estimated Probability Scenario 2 Neutral 30% Estimated Probability Scenario 3 Pesimistic
  5. 5. MEXICO PERSPECTIVE Issues Optimistic Neutral Pesimistic 2020 Economic Fall -7.5% -8.5% -11.0% 2021 Economic Growth 6.4% 6.1% 4.0% Interest Rate 3.25% 4.00% 5.00% Inflation 5.0% 5.8% 6.5% Exchange Rate (USD/MXN) 19.50 21.50 24.0 Governance Political opposition takes shape and creates an effective narrative that starts to build momentum towards 2024, ensuring more balanced power sharing. Morena project loses steam, which reduces likelihood of radical actions. Other political options start to emerge. Governance in certain states and cities remains complex. AMLO’s government is challenged by organized crime. Security situation deteriorates. Little or no achievements in last 3 years of term. “Sexenio perdido”. Pemex Pemex without crisis. Sovereign credit rating remains with negative outlook but without detonating a crisis. Pemex financial bomb keeps ticking. Sovereign credit rating deteriorates with limited impact on financial markets. Pemex becomes a major issue and there is significant impact on sovereign credit rating and financial markets. Strong devaluation. 15% Estimated Probability Scenario 1 Optimistic 50% Estimated Probability Scenario 2 Neutral 35% Estimated Probability Scenario 3 Pesimistic
  6. 6. $4.97 $5.21 $5.15 $0.00 $2.50 $5.00 $7.50 June July August Brazil Exchange Rates $3,778.44 $3,858.63 $3,824.49 $0.00 $1,500.00 $3,000.00 $4,500.00 June July August Colombia $19.94 $19.88 $20.08 $0.00 $10.00 $20.00 $30.00 June July August Mexico $3.98 $3.92 $4.08 $0.00 $1.50 $3.00 $4.50 June July August Peru Source: Exchange Rates UK, 2021. *PEN / USD *MXN / USD *USD / CLP *BRL / USD *COP / USD $732.28 $756.65 $775.85 $0.00 $300.00 $600.00 $900.00 June July August Chile *CLP / USD $95.71 $96.71 $97.74 $0.00 $40.00 $80.00 $120.00 June July August Argentina *ARS / USD
  7. 7. Source: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Peru Central Banks, 2021. 48.80% 50.20% 51.80% 0.00% 15.00% 30.00% 45.00% 60.00% May June July Argentina Inflation Rate 8.06% 8.35% 8.99% 0.00% 2.50% 5.00% 7.50% April May June Brazil 3.25% 3.81% 4.95% 0.00% 1.20% 2.40% 3.60% 4.80% 6.00% June July August Peru 3.30% 3.63% 3.97% 0.00% 1.00% 2.00% 3.00% 4.00% May June July Colombia 3.60% 3.80% 4.50% 0.00% 1.50% 3.00% 4.50% 6.00% May June July Chile 5.89% 5.88% 5.81% 0.00% 2.50% 5.00% 7.50% May June July Mexico
  8. 8. $42,494 $42,503 $46,094 $0 $15,000 $30,000 $45,000 $60,000 June July July Argentina International Reserves $350,996 $353,448 $352,486 $0 $120,000 $240,000 $360,000 $480,000 May June July Brazil $59,144 $58,917 $58,878 $0 $18,000 $36,000 $54,000 $72,000 May June July Colombia $47,847 $44,954 $48,767 $0 $13,000 $26,000 $39,000 $52,000 June July August Chile $192,886 $193,424 $205,391 $0 $60,000 $120,000 $180,000 $240,000 June July August Mexico $71,892 $71,501 $74,425 $0 $25,000 $50,000 $75,000 $100,000 June July August Peru *Million U.S. Dollars *Million U.S. Dollars *Million U.S. Dollars *Million U.S. Dollars *Million U.S. Dollars *Million U.S. Dollars Source: Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Peru Central Banks, 2021.
  9. 9. 62,372 66,005 76,452 0 18,000 36,000 54,000 72,000 90,000 June July August Argentina Capital Markets 126,802 121,801 118,781 0 35,000 70,000 105,000 140,000 June July August Brazil 1,249 1,237 1,320 0 500 1,000 1,500 2,000 June July August Colombia 50,290 50,868 53,305 0 16,000 32,000 48,000 64,000 June July August Mexico 4,334 4,223 4,488 0 1,500 3,000 4,500 6,000 June July August Chile *IPSA:IND *MEXBOL:IND *SPBLPGPT:IND *MERVAL:IND *IBOV:IND *COLCAP:IND Source: Trading Economics, Yahoo Finance, 2021. 18,851 17,672 17,654 0 7,000 14,000 21,000 June July August Peru *SPBLPGPT:IND
  10. 10. Foreign Direct Investmet $11,873 $6,663 $4,019.00 $0 $4,000 $8,000 $12,000 2018 2019 2020 Argentina $59,802 $65,386 $24,778 $0 $30,000 $60,000 $90,000 2018 2019 2020 Brazil $11,535 $14,313 $8,100 $0 $5,000 $10,000 $15,000 $20,000 2018 2019 2020 Colombia $7,736 $12,499 $8,386 $0 $4,000 $8,000 $12,000 $16,000 2018 2019 2020 Chile $33,921 $34,244 $27,786 $0 $12,000 $24,000 $36,000 2018 2019 2020 Mexico $6,488 $8,892 $982 $0 $3,000 $6,000 $9,000 $12,000 2018 2019 2020 Peru Source: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and World Investment Report, UNCTAD, 2021. *Inward, Million U.S. Dollars
  11. 11. Credit Ratings Argentina CCC (March 9, 2021) Source: Fitch Ratings, 2021. Brazil BB- With NEGATIVE Outlook (May 27, 2021) Colombia BB+ With STABLE Outlook (July 1, 2021) Chile A- With STABLE Outlook (March 24, 2021) Mexico BBB- With STABLE Outlook (May 17, 2021) Peru BBB+ With NEGATIVE Outlook (December 15, 2020)
  12. 12. Credit Ratings Argentina Ca With STABLE Outlook (September 28, 2020) Source: Moody’s Investors Service, 2021. Brazil Ba2 With STABLE Outlook (May 15, 2020) Colombia Baa2 With NEGATIVE Outlook (December 3, 2020) Chile A1 With NEGATIVE Outlook (August 25, 2020) Mexico Baa1 With NEGATIVE Outlook (April 29, 2021) Peru Baa1 With STABLE Outlook (September 1, 2021)
  13. 13. Credit Ratings Argentina CCC+ With STABLE Outlook (April 15, 2021) Source: Standard & Poor’s, 2021. Brazil BB- With STABLE Outlook (June 2, 2021) Colombia BB+ With STABLE Outlook (May 19, 2021) Chile A With STABLE Outlook (March 24, 2021) Mexico BBB With NEGATIVE Outlook (June 15, 2021) Peru BBB+ With STABLE Outlook (November 23, 2020)
  14. 14. Country Presidents Argentina President: Alberto Fernandez Birth: April 2, 1959 In Office Since: December 10, 2019 Political Party: Frente de Todos Brazil President: Jair Bolsonaro Birth: March 21, 1955 In Office Since: January 1, 2019 Political Party: PSL Colombia President: Ivan Duque Marquez Birth: August 1, 1976 In Office Since: August 7, 2018 Political Party: Centro Democratico Chile President: Sebastian Piñera E. Birth: December 1, 1949 In Office Since: March 11, 2018 Political Party: Independent Mexico President: Andres Manuel Lopez O. Birth: November 13, 1953 In Office Since: December 1, 2018 Political Party: Morena Peru President: Pedro Castillo Terrones Birth: October 19, 1969 In Office Since: July 28, 2021 Political Party: Peru Libre
  15. 15. CHINA AND RUSSIA HAVE DEVELOPED STRONG VACCINE DIPLOMACY PROGRAMS
  16. 16. EL SALVADOR IS THE FIRST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TO RECOGNIZE BITCOIN AS LEGAL TENDER
  17. 17. PARTIAL AGREEMENT REACHED BETWEEN VENEZUELA’S GOVERNMENT AND OPPOSITION
  18. 18. SEVERAL LATAM COUNTRIES ARE OPENING THEIR DOORS TO AFGHAN REFUGEES
  19. 19. BRAZIL, COLOMBIA AND MEXICO HAVE STRONG PERFORMANCE IN THE PARALYMPIC GAMES
  20. 20. LEGISLATIVE ELECTIONS IN ARGENTINA WILL BE A REFERENDUM ON PRESIDENT FERNANDEZ
  21. 21. A TERRITORIAL DISPUTE BETWEEN ARGENTINA AND CHILE IS UNDERWAY
  22. 22. MEXICO CITY TO REPLACE A COLUMBUS MONUMENT WITH ONE OF INDIGENOUS WOMAN
  23. 23. WE ARE NURICUMBO + PARTNERS
  24. 24. COMPANY PROFIT Trusted Business Advisors • Ad-hoc Training Programs. • Policies and Procedures. • NOM-035. • Process Improvement • Project Management. • Financial Due Diligence. • Legal Due Diligence. • IT Due Diligence. • Valuation Models. • Management of Equity Sources. • Financial Planning & Analysis. • Fraud Prevention and Investigations. • Fraud Hotline. • Assessment of Tax Compliance. • Assessment of Regulatory Compliance. • CEOs on an interim basis. • Strategic Planning. • Investor Relations. • Leadership. • Focus on implementation and execution. • CFOs on an interim basis. • Management of Financing Sources. • Financial Transformation. • Profitability Enhancement. • Risk Analysis. • Assessment of Internal Control. • Annual Audit Program. • Audit Program Execution. • Reporting of Findings and Remediation. Other We can design innovative consulting solutions, with highly experienced consultants who bring a valuable external viewpoint. CEO As A Service CFO As A Service Internal Audit As A Service M&A Let’s schedule a meeting to talk. Email: contacto@nuricumbo.com WhatsApp: +52.55.5453.6309 Control/Compliance As a Service We work with companies of all sizes in special or confidential projects
  25. 25. COMPANY PROFIT CFO As A Service For more information, email us at contacto@nuricumbo.com or whatsApp at 55.5453.6309 2 5 All the benefits of a trustable and experienced CFO without having to hire it. Experience Flexibility Interim Team Support Our CFO Service can be started immediately. No maximum or minimum time commitments. We can work with your company for the time strictly necessary to resolve your needs. Immediate response Our CFO Service is supported by our whole team of experts, which brings specific knowledge in areas such as insurance, audit, fraud, risk management, financing, investor relations, treasury, tax, etc. Multidisciplinary approach Solid professionals Safe Hiring After a certain time, you can decide if you would like to hire one of our consultants as a permanent CFO. This results in a very safe hiring, since you will make this decision once technical capabilities and organizational skills have been proven. All our consultants have more than 20 years of experience in complex business environments, including debt restructurings, financial transformations, turnarounds, and M&A. Our solution can provide the right leadership at the right time, supported by our multidisciplinary team of professional consultants.
  26. 26. PROPUESTA EN CIBERSEGURIDAD 40% de las empresas han sufrido ciberataques en el último año. Identificar y contener un evento de ciberseguridad puede tomar hasta nueve meses. El primer ataque de Ransomware se remonta a 1989. La mayoría de los ataques comienzan con un correo de phishing. Actualmente el costo promedio de un ataque de Ransomware es de $4.4M USD. El 90% de los ciberataques se pueden prevenir. Nuestra solución es el resultado de la alianza entre tres consultorías especializadas. El proceso comienza con un diagnóstico de sus prácticas preventivas actuales, para determinar riesgos y oportunidades que pudieran tener impacto en su organización. Posteriormente acompañamos a su empresa en la remediación de los gaps encontrados. Nuestro equipo de expertos está integrado por profesionistas con experiencia en auditoría, sistemas, prevención de fraudes, procesos, riesgos y desarrollo organizacional, lo que permite contar con un punto de vista multidisciplinario. Finalmente, a través de nuestro socio experto en seguros, ayudamos a su organización a seleccionar la póliza de seguro contra ataques de ciberseguridad que mejor se adapte a sus necesidades, cerrando el círculo de protección integral para su empresa. Fuente: Lumu Technologies, Forrester Research, Gartner. Platiquemos Whastapp: 55.5453.6309 Email: contacto@nuricumbo.com
  27. 27. Strategic Alliance: DigiPro 2 7 Who is DigiPro? Mexican Company leader in the process of streamlining and digitalization using proprietary state-of-the-art technology and knowledge, with strong credentials in financial sector, and several ready-to-use solutions that can significantly accelerate digital transformation iniciatives. 100+ 6 50+ Solution highlights: Multichannel Biometrics BPM Analytics BI API Connectivity ICR / OCR Cloud Security Scalability eSignature Fully integrated ECM Platform Six different platforms proven to add value to customers: - Banking - Fintech - Microfinancing - Insurance - Property Management - Government Multi-disciplinary consultants Combined years of experience Main Ready-to-Use Solutions DigiPro and Nuricumbo + Partners can help your Company in many ways: - Process Automation - Know Your Customer - Fully Mobile Digital Onboarding - Business Process Outsourcing - Fraud Investigations - Financial Due Diligence - AntiMoney Laundering - Regulatory Compliance Would you like to know more? Let’s schedule a call.
  28. 28. LATIN AMERICA OVERVIEW
  29. 29. Land Area Source: The World Bank, 2018. 2,736,690 8,358,140 1,109,500 743,532 1,943,950 1,280,000 0 1,000,000 2,000,000 3,000,000 4,000,000 5,000,000 6,000,000 7,000,000 8,000,000 9,000,000 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Note: Kilometers
  30. 30. Ease of Doing Business Index 126 124 67 59 60 76 0 20 40 60 80 100 120 140 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019. Note: 1 = Most Business-friendly Regulations
  31. 31. Population Growth 1.0% 0.7% 1.1% 0.9% 1.1% 1.4% 0% 1% 1% 2% 2% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: Annual Percentage
  32. 32. Total Population 45,376.7 212,559.4 50,882.8 19,116.2 128,932.7 32,971.8 0 50,000 100,000 150,000 200,000 250,000 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: (i) Thousands; (ii) Total Inhabitants
  33. 33. Urban Population 92% 87% 81% 88% 81% 78% 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: Percentage of Total Population
  34. 34. Poverty Headcount Ratio 1.5% 4.6% 4.9% 0.3% 1.7% 2.2% 0% 1% 2% 3% 4% 5% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2017 - 2019. Note: (i) At US$1.90 / Day; (ii) Percentage of Population
  35. 35. Exports of Goods and Services 16.6% 16.9% 13.7% 31.5% 40.1% 22.3% 0.0% 10.0% 20.0% 30.0% 40.0% 50.0% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: Percentage of GDP
  36. 36. Foreign Direct Investment - 5,000 10,000 15,000 20,000 25,000 30,000 A r g e n t i n a B r a z i l C o l o m b i a C h i l e M e x i c o P e r u 4,019 24,778 8,100 8,386 27,786 982 Note: (i) Net Inflows; (ii) BoP, Current Million US$ Source: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and World Investment Report, UNCTAD, 2021. *Inward, Million U.S. Dollars
  37. 37. Gross Domestic Product $383,066.9 $1,444,733.2 $271,346.8 $252,940.0 $1,076,163.3 $202,014.3 $0 $300,000 $600,000 $900,000 $1,200,000 $1,500,000 $1,800,000 $2,100,000 $2,400,000 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019. Note: Millions, Current US$
  38. 38. GDP Per Capita $20,767.6 $14,836.3 $14,565.4 $25,067.7 $18,833.1 $11,879.2 $0.0 $5,000.0 $10,000.0 $15,000.0 $20,000.0 $25,000.0 $30,000.0 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: (i) PPP; (ii) Current International $
  39. 39. GDP Growth -9.9% -4.1% -6.8% -5.8% -8.2% -11.1% -12% -11% -10% -9% -8% -7% -6% -5% -4% -3% -2% -1% 0% 1% 2% 3% 4% 5% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: Annual Percentage
  40. 40. Gross Savings 18.0% 15.0% 14.0% 21.0% 24.0% 19.4% 0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019 - 2020. Note: Percentage of GDP
  41. 41. Personal Remittances $0.0 $20,000.0 $40,000.0 $60,000.0 A r g e n t i n a B r a z i l C o l o m b i a C h i l e M e x i c o P e r u $632.3 $3,556.2 $6,873.5 $70.9 $42,880.3 $2,938.0 Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: (i) Received; (ii) Millions, Current US$
  42. 42. Total Reserves $39,403.7 $355,614.3 $58,499.5 $39,166.1 $199,069.2 $67,711.5 $0.0 $50,000.0 $100,000.0 $150,000.0 $200,000.0 $250,000.0 $300,000.0 $350,000.0 $400,000.0 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019 - 2020. Note: (i) Includes Gold; (ii) Millions, Current US$
  43. 43. Revenue 18.8% 29.1% 24.2% 21.6% 18.6% 19.5% 0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019. Note: (i) Excluding Grants; (ii) Percentage of GDP
  44. 44. Government Expenditure on Education 5.5% 6.3% 4.5% 5.4% 4.5% 3.8% 0% 2% 4% 6% 8% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2017 - 2019. Note: Percentage of GDP
  45. 45. Labor Force Source: The World Bank, 2020. 19,191.5 99,843.0 24,802.3 8,860.2 53,978.9 16,181.9 0 20,000 40,000 60,000 80,000 100,000 120,000 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Note: Thousands
  46. 46. Labor Force (Female) 43.3% 43.9% 42.7% 42.4% 38.5% 45.8% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019. Note: Percentage of Total Labor Force
  47. 47. Unemployment 11.7% 13.7% 15.4% 11.5% 4.7% 6.2% 0% 3% 6% 9% 12% 15% 18% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: (i) Percentage of Total Labor Force; (ii) Modeled ILO Estimate
  48. 48. Energy Use Source: The World Bank, 2014 - 2015. 2,030 1,496 724 2,006 1,537 790 0 500 1,000 1,500 2,000 2,500 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Note: Kg of Oil Equivalent per Capita
  49. 49. Renewable Electricity Output 28.1% 74.0% 68.2% 43.6% 15.4% 52.7% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% 80% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2015. Note: Percentage of Total Electricity Output
  50. 50. Population Living in Slums 14.7% 16.3% 27.8% 8.8% 16.0% 33.1% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2018. Note: Percentage of Urban Population
  51. 51. External Debt Stocks 65.3% 31.8% 44.2% 38.1% 29.7% 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% 60% 70% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019. Note: Percentage of GNI
  52. 52. Bank Capital to Assets Ratio 13.5% 10.2% 17.0% 7.5% 11.0% 12.9% 0% 3% 6% 9% 12% 15% 18% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019. Note: Percentage
  53. 53. Bank Nonperforming Loans to Total Gross Loans 5.7% 3.1% 4.2% 2.1% 2.1% 3.4% 0% 1% 2% 3% 4% 5% 6% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019. Note: Percentage
  54. 54. Deposit Interest Rate 29.3% 2.2% 3.4% 0.9% 1.5% 1.9% 0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35% 40% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2020. Note: Percentage
  55. 55. Lending Interest Rate 29.4% 29.0% 9.9% 4.2% 6.3% 12.9% 0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% 35% 40% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2018 - 2020. Note: Percentage
  56. 56. Listed Domestic Companies Source: The World Bank, 2019 - 2020. 91 345 65 194 140 199 0 50 100 150 200 250 300 350 400 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Note: Total
  57. 57. Market Capitalization of Listed Domestic Companies $39,393.54 $988,374.32 $106,315.20 $184,549.42 $399,616.70 $87,092.13 $0.0 $200,000.0 $400,000.0 $600,000.0 $800,000.0 $1,000,000.0 $1,200,000.0 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019 - 2020. Note: (i) Millions; (ii) Current US$
  58. 58. Strength of Legal Rights Index Source: The World Bank, 2019. 2 2 11 4 10 7 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Note: 0 = Weak to 12 = Strong
  59. 59. Military Expenditure 1.9% 3.9% 11.0% 7.2% 2.0% 5.4% 0% 2% 4% 6% 8% 10% 12% 14% Argentina Brazil Colombia Chile Mexico Peru Source: The World Bank, 2019. Note: Percentage of General Government Expenditure
  60. 60. WE ARE READY TO HELP YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS. EMAIL contacto@nuricumbo.com WHATSAPP +52.55.5453.6309 SCHEDULE A CALL Click here to choose a date and time OUR OFFICE Paseo de la Reforma 505 Col. Cuaúhtemoc. C.P. 06500, Mexico City. Let’s discuss further

Nuricumbo + Partners is specialized on subjects such as financial due diligence for M&A, special audits, independent process assessments, debt/equity solutions, on-demand financial talent, anti-corruption initiatives, enterprise risk management, and corporate governance. We have become trusted business advisors for companies of all sizes, providing direct support to CEOs and CFOs in special or confidential projects.

Views

Total views

676

On Slideshare

0

From embeds

0

Number of embeds

196

Actions

Downloads

1

Shares

0

Comments

0

Likes

0

×