• Total of 20 Questions.• 5 star marked• 1,4,17,18,19• 1 point per question
*1. X• X is a character who appears in a number of spaghetti western films. He appeared in thirty-one films in all.• X was created for the 1966 movie with the same title, directed by Sergio Corbucci. Like Sergio Leone’s A Fistful of Dollars, it was inspired by Akira Kurosawa’s Yojimbo. He enters the movie walking, trailing a coffin through the mud, carrying his saddle on his shoulder.• X is not a passer-by who stumbles upon a situation that, for one reason or another, attracts his attention. He is a man with a mission, and the mission is: revenge! He’s a veteran from the Civil War (it’s strongly suggested he fought for the Union) and his wife was killed – when he was far, too far away – by the racist Confederate Major Jackson. He’s also a bit of a conjuror: outnumbered by his opponents in the main street, he outsmarts them by whipping out a machine gun from his coffin, and after his hands have been crushed, he miraculously balances his handgun on a metal cross. With his black cloak and dirty tricks he is like no other cowboy had ever been in the history of filmmaking.
2. XSome facts about X:• X was originally a papier-mâché mask incorporated in their backdrop which would squirt fake blood during live shows .• X was first seen in his present form in 1980.• Derek Riggs was exclusively incharge of X’s appearance until 1992.• X makes an appearance in Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4.
3. X• The 1967 X spoof may not be a very well-remembered moment in ‘_____-movie history, but it bears a peculiar distinction: in May 1967, the X parody incited a mob riot. Boston radio station WRKO sponsored a 4 a.m. screening at the Sack Savoy Theater, with free admission — and snacks — for folks in the typical spy gear of a trench coat. When people began to queue hours in advance, the theater decided to run the screening at 2 a.m. instead of 4. The crowd did not take the news well.• The New York Times reported that morning that the moviegoers numbered in the thousands (between 8,000 and 15,000) and that every Boston police officer available was needed to calm the crowd. About 30 people were hurt, including two reporters, and 15 arrests were made. Two fires began inside the theater, and the extinguishing effort soaked the audience. But, for fear of what might happen otherwise, the show went on.
*4. X• X has said: “All my paintings are organic, violent comedies. They have to be violently done and primitive and crude, and to achieve that I try to let my nature paint more than I paint.” X was also the author of a comic strip published in the LA reader from 1983 to 1992. X?• <pic in next slide>
5. XSome of X’s non-fiction essays are listed below -• Patake• Deewaron Par Likhna• Karchi Aur Karchiyan• Khansi Par• Log Apne Aap Ko Madhosh Kyon Karte Hain• Naak Ki KismeinIdentify this author, whose self-written epitah reads,"Here lies buried X in whose bosom are enshrined all thesecrets and art of short story writing. Buried undermounds of earth, even now he is contemplating whetherhe is a greater short story writer or God."
8.• Composition by whom dedicated to whom?• Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ZoiQl5J Mo
8.• Victims of Aurora shooting tragedy, Hans Zimmer.
9. X• The title of the book X is a reference to John Donnes series of meditations and prayers on health, pain, and sickness that were published as a book in 1624 under the title Devotions upon Emergent Occasions, specifically Meditation XVII:• "No man is an Island, intire of it selfe; every man is a peece of the Continent, a part of the maine; if a Clod bee washed away by the Sea, Europe is the lesse, as well as if a Promontorie were, as well as if a Mannor of thy friends or of thine owne were; any mans death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankinde; And therefore never send to know X; It ____________ ."
10.• These are the paintings used in Amour(Best foreign film oscars).These actually belonged to the parents of Michael Haneke(director of the film),and the movie is loosely based on personal experiences of the director.
11. X• This album was released Nov 02, 1999 on the Hemisphere label. X collects Arabic pop music by artists hailing from Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Egypt, and Morocco.X music CDs has tracks like Amr Diabs "Nour El Ain," Mayada El Hennawys "Min Ger Loka," Danias "Yalla Ya Habibi," Samira Saids "Kol de Eshaat," and Hamid El Sharis "Tohgorny" capturing the lush arrangements, hypnotic rhythms, and passionate vocals of contemporary Arabic music. Like strolling through a crowded bazaar filled with vendors selling mix tapes from all over the Middle East, an ear- pleasing mix of expressive singers and passionate, exciting urban music.Unless you are an arabic pop music fan,only way to get to the name of the album is by looking closely at the album cover.
12. X• The “X myth" is the rags to riches message in books by X. X wrote over 100 books for young working class males, beginning with ‘Ragged Dick’, which was published in 1867. His books have been described as rags to riches stories. “By leading exemplary lives, struggling valiantly against poverty and adversity,” X’s protagonists gain both wealth and honor, ultimately realizing the American Dream.
15.• What is so special about this section of “The Last Judgement”?
15.• St Bartholomew displaying his flayed skin (considered by many art historians as a self- portrait by Michelangelo) in The Last Judgment.
16. X & Y• Y is an Iranian documentary film by X and Mojtaba Mirtahmasb.The two men are filmmakers so, with nothing else to do, they are filming each other as they have this conversation in Xs kitchen, with Mirtahmasb holding a professional camera while X records on his iPhone. This is the only type of filming that X can get away with.• What emerges from Y is a fascinating portrait of a restless artistic spirit trying to find an outlet for his creativity. Mirtahmsasb likes the idea of making a documentary that goes “behind the scenes of Iranian filmmakers not making films." The man X,tells us about his work, studies and family, but we never find out his name; in fact, we dont discover the names of anyone involved in the film beyond those of X and Mirtahmsasb (who has now also been arrested) as the closing credits are redacted in a grim reminder of the danger an endeavour like this brings.The movie is hence rightly called Y,and the film was smuggled from Iran to Cannes in a flash drive hidden inside a birthday cake,for screening at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival.
20.• The 1993 music video for R.E.M.s song "Everybody Hurts" draws heavily from Xs opening dream sequence, with the band stuck in a traffic jam. Subtitles of the thoughts of people trapped inside cars appear on screen until everyone abandons their vehicle to walk instead; then they vanish.• Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijZRCIrTgQc