Be the first to like this
Rudder 4.1 was released in March 2017 with:
- an advanced feature to query external APIs and pull in node properties dynamically
the ability to add "key=value" tags to all Rules and Directives in order to categorize them
- a new API on relay servers to enable node-to-node file sharing and remote run in firewalled environments performance improvements
- a new plugin package format
Rudder 4.2 was released in September 2017 and includes the support for a new plugin that adds support for a new Windows DSC-based agent. Rudder 4.3 will include:
- Parameters for Technique Editor techniques
- ACLs on the API accounts
- Many architecture improvements
In parallel, new plugins are being developed:
- A plugin to integrate data from external APIs
- Monitoring integration with Centreon
- CMDB integration with iTop
- A reporting plugin for historized compliance
This talk will introduce these new features and show how to use them, hopefully getting you as excited as we are! Then, we will move on to explain about longer-term feature ideas we have for Rudder, and the general vision linked to future developments.
About Nicolas Charles
Nicolas is a tinkerer who likes when things just work, and tries his best to reach this goal. He started as a developer 15 years ago, and often had to reach out of this role to solve issues.
In 2010, he co-founded Normation, and he still enjoys fixing things in Rudder and at its users.