: 4 Budiman ( Intermediate proficiency level)
: 20 students
: 11th of February 2014 (Tuesday)
: 11.50 pm -12.50 pm (1 hour)
: World of Stories
: Yesterday and Today (Unit 3)
Focused skill : Reading
Integrated skill(s): Writing
2.2 By the end of the 6-year primary schooling, pupils will be able to demonstrate
understanding of a variety of linear and non-linear texts in the form of print and non-print
materials using a range of strategies to construct meaning.
2.2.2 Able to read and understand phrases and sentences in linear and non-linear texts.
2.2.3 Able to read and demonstrate understanding of texts by:
(a) Sequencing with guidance
: Vocabulary (conduct, device, invent, research, pursue,
: By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to:
Read and answer 3 out of 5 true-false questions correctly
Read and sequence at least 4 out of 7 story lines correctly.
Identify the 3 out of 5 vocabularies learned in word search
: We need to work hard to be successful in life
(+ 5 minutes)
TEACHING/ LEARNING ACTIVITIES
1) Teacher greets pupils
-Start off the day’s
2) Teacher shows a USB flash drive
lesson and arouse
video to the pupils.
-Realia (USB flash
3) Teacher asks pupils to name the
-Realia ( USB
thing that they can identify in the
-To lead-in to the
: “Do you know what
4) Then, teacher shows the real USB
is in the video?”
flash drive to the pupils and leads
: “Have you seen an
pupils to the topic of the lesson.
: “Has anyone used
the USB flash drive
(+ 20 minutes)
1) Teacher shows the words to be
-To give input on
introduced today using PowerPoint
vocabulary by showing
2) Teacher explains the meaning of the
words by showing pictures and
descriptions of the words.
3) Teacher tells the pupils that they will
encounter those words later in the
- To familiarize pupils’
with the vocabulary in
“The Inventor of
USB flash drive
4) Then, teacher shows a Ppt of a text
: “What is the story
entitled “The Inventor of USB flash
-To generate pupils’
idea of the story.
: “Who is the inventor
: “What is the function
5) Teacher reads the text and pupils
follow after teacher.
6) Teacher asks volunteers to read the
text and brainstorms the idea of the
text to the pupils.
( + 15 minutes)
presentation (truefalse activity)
: Pua Khein Seng
invented the flash
: A flash drive is a
memory device for
Activity 1 (True-false Statement)
1) Teacher picks pupils randomly.
2) Pupils need to read the true-false
pronunciation and intonation of the
words if there are mistakes.
4) Pupils need to click the true or false
answer on the ppt.
5) Teacher discusses the answers in
3) Teacher corrects the pupil’s
pupils’ Individual work
(+ 15 minutes)
1) Teacher divides the class in group of
2) Teacher explains that they are going
1) Pua Khein Seng is
to rearrange jumbled up sentences
a young Malaysian
-To reinforce pupils’
comprehension of the
story in the different
and sequence the text accordingly.
who invented the
2) flash drive is a
memory device for
to or from a
3) Teacher distributes task sheets
(sequencing)(refer to appendix 3) to
4) They need to cut the sentence strips
and paste it to the correct box
according to the number.
5) Teacher checks pupils’ answers.
(+ 5 minutes)
: Work hard to be
successful in life
Word search of the
1) Teacher recaps the lesson by telling
the moral values of the story.
2) Teacher distributes word search for
pupils to complete.
-To sum up the lesson
: Word search
(appendix 4 )