PHILIPPINE SECONDARY LEARNING
1.Understanding the nature of Biology as a
Science of life.
a) Identify the unifying ideas in Biology.
b) Explain the different life processes.
c) Design simple experiments following the
2. Understand biological concepts as
applied in technology.
a) Explain biological concepts in a given
b)Assess the implications and responsibility
of any biotechnology.
3. Appreciate the contributions of Filipino
and foreign scientists in the development
of Biology and biotechnology.
a) Describe the contributions of Filipino and
foreign scientists in the field of Biology
4. Know how to operate the compound
a) Identify the parts of the compound
b) Give uses of the compound microscope.
c) Name the special tools in research and
II. CELL STRUCTURES AND FUNCTIONS
1. Appreciate the cell as a highly organized
2. Understand how discoveries on cellular
structures and functions have led to
3.Appreciate cellular exchange of materials
with the environment.
III. LIFE ENERGY
1. Understand how organisms obtain energy.
● Describe the cell part involved in obtaining
● Describe the energy location and function of
● State that requirements of photosynthesis.
● Explain light and dark reactions of
● Identify the characteristics of plants that make
them efficient producers.
● Analyze the role of green plants as energy
supplier to the ecosystem.
● Give scientific explanations behind farming
1. Understand and appreciate the
importance of cell division.
2. Compare patterns of reproduction among
3. Understand the process of human
4. Know the problems and issues related to
fertility and population growth.
5. Demonstrate understanding of the ill
effects of human sexually transmitted
V. ORGAN SYSTEMS
1. Understand the interaction of cells, tissues, organs
and systems in maintaining the life of an
2. Understand the anatomy and physiology of plants
3. Understand human anatomy and physiology.
4. Appreciate the technologies that help the specific
defective organ function properly.
1. Understand the chromosomal basis of
inheritance and the role of DNA as a blue
print of life.
2. Understand the fundamental role of
chromosomes and genes in hereditary
3. Demonstrate understanding of the
Mendelian Principles of Heredity.
4.E4xplain the Non-Mendelian Patterns of
5.Cite some pressing issues concerning
advanced technologies in genetics
VII. CONTINUITY THROUGH EVOLUTION
1. Understand the theories of evolution.
2. Discuss the direct and indirect evidence for
FOURTH GRADING PERIOD
1. Appreciate the existence of diverse forms
of living things.
2. Be aware of the potential value of
1. Be aware of the similarities and
differences of ecosystems.
2. Understand man's roel in maintaining
balance in nature.
THANK YOU ! ! !
Nora S. Manlagnit