Wait! Exclusive 60 day trial to the world's largest digital library.
The SlideShare family just got bigger. You now have unlimited* access to books, audiobooks, magazines, and more from Scribd.Cancel anytime.
Almost all job search books, courses and coaches will tell you, “Networking is the #1 one tool in your job search to help you land a job quickly.”
Yet so many people in transition do not take advantage of networking. Why is that?
Networking certainly requires a degree of planning, diligence and skill. This means focusing on relationship building and follow-up, two skills that are rarely taught in any academic setting.
Gain a new perspective and build your networking skills by attending this interactive session where Ed Andriessen and Kevin Lewis, Business Marketing experts will show you simple and effective models for planning and presenting and following up with productive networking.
This presentation will cover:
• Why networking is important and why people don’t do it more.
• What are the most effective online networking opportunities?
• A simple model for responding when asked “stand up and tell us what you do?”
• How to set up a networking schedule?
• How to effectively follow-up.