• Nav Kukadia
– Auditing & Consulting
– 300+ Companies
– Dyson, Panasonic, Sony
• Every business today is subjected to environmental
pressures; legislation, competition, consumer
• Innovation and change are dynamic in today’s
environment for customer and technology edge.
• Most companies will apply improvement tools for
cost reduction, especially large corporations to
SMEs, especially in manufacturing sectors.
Today our objectives are for business
improvement tools is drive for new business
How these improvement tools can be adopted
for customer loyalty, innovate new products or
services to drive in revenue based objectives.
1.A number of tools are available.
2. Select one that fits company culture and needs.
3. Applied to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
Throw away all rubbish and unrelated materials in the workplace
Set everything in proper place for quick retrieval and storage
Clean the workplace; everyone should clean/tidy up at end of day
Standardize the way of maintaining cleanliness
Practice 'Five S' daily - make it a way of life; this also means
1. DELAY – Waiting for service, delivery, response.
2. DUPLICATION – Re-enter data, repeat details on
forms, copying information etc.
3. INVENTORY – Incorrect, out of stock etc.
4. OVER PROCESSING – Out of date standard, not focusing on
5. UNCLEAR COMMUNICATION – need for clarification, confusion
caused due to incorrect information.
6. ERRORS – In service transaction, faults etc.
7. UNNESSERY MOTION - Poorly designed work space, lack of
Voice of Customer
Reference : http://www.npd-solutions.com/ -Kenneth A. Crow
The distribution shows up in several different aspects
relevant to entrepreneurs and business managers. For
80% of your profits come from 20% of your customers
80% of your complaints come from 20% of your
80% of your profits come from 20% of the time you
80% of your sales come from 20% of your products
80% of your sales are made by 20% of your sales staff
Future State & Benefits
Actions to Fix
Example for Salford Innovation Centre,
- Reduce Complaints
- Improve Customer perception
- Improve product or service
- Make processes better
BUSINESS INNOVATION THROUGH