THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL RULE OR FORMULA FOR FILM REVIEW
A film can be viewed by everyone but the good review can generate only by serious film
watching and understanding its inner meanings and thoughts. A good review can be written in
You will need to include the following: name of the film, prominent stars of the film, basic
plot), and type of film (Genre) and also can give one word verdict for skim readers.
You will need to write a plot summary for the movie. Do not reveal the ending. Discuss
prominent events and be sure to cover the entire span of the movie, except the climax.
Reviews never should spoil the suspense.
Discuss aspects of filmmaking. You may choose from acting, direction, editing, and costume
design, set design, photography, background music, or anything else you may think of. Be sure
that you are specific and cite examples from the movie.
Stars are vehicle for movie. So there must be a good review on them. It should not limit on
his/her acting but socio- cultural influences created by their character or star through this
Give your overall reaction to the film as well as your opinion on the quality of the film. Also
include your recommendations for potential viewers. Also try a rating system by give mark or
1. Watch the movie (Very important)
2. Evaluate the movie (Personal and Theoretical)
3. Who is your audience? (Write for them; not for you)
4. Give an outline (This is soul of your review and must guide a viewer to watch film)
7. Cinematography and lighting (Soul of visual)
9. Read, read and read (Revision is must; it is not child’s plays)