1. Quick Service Restaurants
• The investment required for opening a Quick
Service Restaurant is around Rs 10-15 lakh,
out of which a significant proportion would
be spent on marketing the restaurant.
• The average menu price for a meal for two at
a Quick Service Restaurant is usually around
Rs 500-600. Menu prices can vary according to
the cuisine and the type of setup you have.
1. Quick Service Restaurants
• Since the initial investment required in this
food business idea is relatively low, coupled
with this is the relatively high rush of
customers, makes QSRs garner a high-profit
margin, which approximately amounts to 15-
• This helps quick service restaurants to reach
their breakeven point in 3-6 months given
that it is running smoothly.
2. Casual Dine Restaurants
• The total investment required for opening a Casual
Dine restaurant in India is roughly around 10-15 lakhs.
Size of the area must not be less than 2000 sqft.
• The Profit Margin of Casual Dine restaurant is usually
around 20-25%, making it one of the high-profit food
business ideas in the restaurant industry.
• The average cost of customers per meal is Rs. 500 – Rs
1, 000 (for two).
• The investments incurred in this formats aren’t that
high, but they have the potential to reach the
breakeven point within approximately 18 months.
3. Food truck
• While the investment is as less as Rs 10-20 lakhs, the
profit margin that you would incur is quite a lot.
• A second-hand Truck can easily be converted to a Food
Truck, the price of which can be around Rs 8-10 lakh.
You also require only 3-4 employees to run a Food
• Expect to reach your breakeven point within 6 to 8
• The estimated profit margin for a food truck and a
food cart is roughly around 50%. However, the profit
margins vary significantly from the type of food you
4. Cloud kitchens
• If you are new to the restaurant industry and are
looking for high-profit food business ideas, then you
should sincerely consider opening a Cloud Kitchen.
• The initial investment in this food business idea is
nearly negligible since you can cook at your house
kitchen, which will have all the minimum equipment
and utensils required. You can also save yourself from
the monthly rentals that drain most restaurants.
• Your investment would not be more than 1-
2 lakh. The area which you need
to pay attention to apart from food in this restaurant
business concept is marketing.
A franchise restaurant
• Franchise restaurants
are easier to run for new
restaurateurs as well.
• Fewer risks are involved as
the concept has already
been tried and tested.
• The Franchisor usually
provides help to the
Franchisee in terms of staff
equipment, marketing, etc.
• The cost of acquiring the
Franchise is high, and there
is also a weekly or
monthly Royalty fee.
• The owner has little
control over Franchise
restaurants. Lack of creative
freedom and decision-
making power can be
An independent restaurant
• Entire control is in the hands
of the owner.
• Low investments are
• Steep learning curve,
especially for new
• The owner pockets all
• There is a high risk of
failure, especially for first-
• The business and operations
can be consuming in terms
of time and effort.
• There is usually operational
inefficiency due to the lack
of standard rules and