Successfully reported this slideshow.
RebelMouse for Journalists
Niketa Patel, Director of Content
A Real Time, Turn Key Publishing Platform
• Social Publishing Platform – add a social layer to your CMS
• Aggregate and curate social content and original content in
a highly visual way
• Embed easily - no tech/design resources required.
• Ignite your social media team and editorial team.
• Mobile web friendly. Android & IOS apps coming soon.
• Permanent teaser modules that amplify your social
• Monetize better with Sponsored Content units
A Team from HuffPost Mafia, CNN, Vayner
Founder, Paul Berry was CTO of HuffPost
Ran Product, Design and Engineering
Top 10 Trafficked Site in US
Collaboration with Best in the World
Twitter, Facebook, Google
GE, IBM, Johnson and Johnson
World Class Team
Team is 30 developers strong
Core team in NYC coming from Google, Klout, CNN, Vayner Media and HuffPost
Board of Directors
Investors & Board from BuzzFeed + More
John Battelle Jonah Peretti Chris Dixon Greg Coleman Gary V Nicholas N Howard Lindzon Marcy Simon
Eric Hippeau – Lerer Ventures (Chairman)
Ken Lerer – Lerer Ventures
Fred Harman – Oak Investment Partners
Jordan Levy – Softbank Capital
Top Publishers & Editors Love RebelMouse!
Rebel Picks: Next Level Curation
• Curate hashtags, handles,
numerous social feeds, video
• Pre-moderate to drafts if needed
• Add post, link, photo, or create a
• Use Post bookmarklet button
• Twitter Favorites: Favorite content
to send it to your Front-page or Drafts
Highlight & Keep Your Best Content
Use Cases: Solutions to Core Problems
• Flash Memes : flash-memes.com
• Important Stories: millioncameras.com
• Engagement campaigns: hashtag callouts/coverage – Twitter
chats, events, meetups, UGC, questions for interviews, weather,
movements, social hubs
• Editor’s Picks
• Talent Pages
• Homepage or section front alternatives
Increase Engagement, Recirculation & Track
“Time spent is TWICE site Avg [for RebelMouse page on his
-Markus Stolz (@elloinos)
“Los Angeles News Group Saw 10-30% Increase in PV’s due to
- Full post at http://rbl.ms/LANG
• Stats per Post
• XRS Tracking for shared content across RebelMouse and
• Google Analytics Integration – powered sites
Embed RebelMouse Anywhere
Embed code nicely fits to adapt in any CMS
Wordpress Plugin to easily add
to any blog or Wordpress site.
Search in your plugins or find it at
Embed on Tumblr
Easily embed anywhere!
Grab code in our embed tab.
Power a full domain for any campaign.
For instance, puppiesonthevine.com
• Several layouts to select
• Choose a custom theme
• Easily adjust CSS so that
embed matches your site’s
look and feel
Create Teaser Modules
• Easily create sidebar modules to
showcase social content
• Editor’s Picks: Use Twitter lists
& domain filters
• Generate code via Embed tab
Use Rebel Alerts
• Daily emails of your social
• Encourage people to subscribe
• Integrate MailChimp to manage
subscription list, subject line and
• Other email newsletter
enhancements and vendor
integration coming soon!
• Traditional ad campaigns can take months to plan
• We have been testing RebelAds – which is a significant change to
traditional advertising online. Branded content as ads.
• Purpose: Reach the right person and the right time and deliver a
• You are more likely to summit Mount Everest than click a banner
ad. (Source: Solve Media)
• If you are on the business side or want to get info for them, reach
out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sign your newsroom up and have your fellow reporters and editors get
their own RebelMouse site.
• Move things around, freeze things you care about. Check out the Design
tab. Make the site your own.
• Integrate it into your own site. Options:
• Social subdomain (realtime.yourdomain.com, new.yourdomain.com) or personal domain
• Embed on the front page (can be in the footer too)
• Social Teasers modules
• Blog Front Page
• Consider Powering Your Site
• Remove some RebelMouse branding
• Google Analytics
• TypeKit integration
• MailChimp integration coming shortly
• $9.99 a month