• Kerala enjoys unique geographical features that
have made it one of the most sought after tourist
destinations in Asia... an equable climate... A long
shoreline with plantations and paddy fields...
Kerala Ayurvedic health holidays.... Enchanting
art forms of Kerala.... Magical festivals of Kerala...
• Kerala has a composite culture enriched through
the ages with the contribution of various people
and races. Its peculiar geographical position has
helped the process of cultural synthesis.
ABOUT THE STATE
• Formed on 1st November 1956 .
• Capital of Kerala is Thiruvanadapuram.
• Language spoken is Malayalam, Official
Language is English.
• Kerala consists of 14 districts.
• Major cities are
Thiruvanadapuram, Cochin and Calicut
• Located on the southern coast of India.
• At 8.5074' North - East-76. 972’
• Adjacent to Arabian sea in the
west, Tamilnadu in the eastsouth, Karnataka in north and north-east.
• Area = 38,863 Sq. Km.
• Democratically elected body the governs state
of Kerala 5 years.
• 140 constituency Assembly.
• Present Governor is Hansraj Bhardwaj.
• Present CM is Oommen Chandy.
• High court situates in Ernakulum.
• Current chief justice is Manjula Chellar.
• Kerala is Established Tourist place for
Indians and non-Indians.
• The important tourist places were is
Kovalam, Cherai, kappad, Bepur Beaches.
Hill stations were
Munnar, Thekkadi, Nelliyampathy, Wayana
Cochin, Alappuzha, AthirappImally falls
were also the Important tourist places.
• Kerala produces 97% of National output of
• Kerala produces 85% National output of
• Coconut, Rice, Tea, Coffee, Cashew, and spices
are also other agriculters from Kerala.
• Large scale production on
Steel, handloom, Handicraft Khadi and
• In a small scale
Tea, cashews, pepper, Coffee etc..
• Kalamassery and Kanjikode are the two
main Industrial areas.
• Techno Park, Infopark and Kinfra were
the IT cities.