Welcome to Room # 13
This is my 3rd year at JRE, before
coming to JRE, I taught 3rd grade at
SRE and DRE.
• Be prompt
• Be ready to learn when class begins.
• Be prepared
• Have materials with you and know due dates.
• Be a polite and positive participant
• Speak in a normal tone of voice, and listen attentively.
• Be productive
• Turn in work on time, and always do your best.
• Be a problem solver
• Correct problems quickly and peacefully before they
“Love and Logic”
• To create and maintain a positive learning environment for all
students, I will use the following “Love and Logic” behavior policy:
• I Believe:
• Treat students with dignity and respect at all times.
• Guide students to own and solve their own problems.
• Use Love & Logic (empowering) skills. This is, I am going to hand
students’ problems back to them with guidance to own and solve.
• Us logical consequences instead of punishment when possible.
• Treat problem behavior as a learning opportunity.
• Refer chronic/severe/illegal behavior to the office.
• Grant students and parents a conference when requested.
• Special area class schedule:
JRE 3rd graders are on a A,B,C,D schedule.
Special area class time is from 1:45-2:30
Monday through Friday:
Lunch and Recess
• Our recess/lunch is from 10:45-11:30.
Students can not stay in during recess unless
they have a note from a doctor. If students has
a note they will go to the office during recess
Computer Lab and Media Center
• 2:30-3:10 Wednesday Computer Lab
• 9:10-9:35 Monday Media Center
• Students are allowed to have their snack at
anytime during the day. Please have your child
bring a healthy snack to school everyday.
• I do allow water bottles in the classroom.
However JRE does not allow other drinks.
• The assignment book is another way that provides a connection
between parent and teacher and teaches student’s responsibility. It
is also the best way to communicate with me as I check them every
morning. Students should fill out their assignment book each day as
I model what needs to be written. During the first couple of
months, I will check each student’s assignment book before going
home to make sure they are completely filled out. At times during
the year, students may become lazy when filling these out. You
should expect to see something written every day. It is imperative
that assignment books are initialed each evening by a
parent/guardian. Do not initial until you have seen the completed
assignments. After students sign in for attendance and lunch, I will
check their assignment books to make sure they are completely
filled out, that it contains a parent’s initials, and that their
homework is complete.
Assignment Book &
Blue Homework Folder
• How to use the assignment book & blue homework folder:
• Parents need to check the BOTH every night BOTH must be
returned to school everyday.
• Check and sign assignment book nightly.
• Check blue homework folder nightly.
• Do all homework, have student put homework back into
folder, return to school when completed or on due date.
• Return the blue homework folder daily.
• Please remove all papers from keep at home side of the
• White envelopes are sent home every Friday,
and these folders contain both important
information from the school, PTO, and
classroom. This envelope needs to be
emptied, signed and returned on Monday.
Good communication between us is important
for coordinating home/school efforts in the
best interest of your child. If necessary, other
papers and notes may be sent home on
• This blog is for:
• Showcasing students work
• Watching videos of lessons
• And so much more
• During our reading time this year, we will be doing "The Daily Five".
The term "The Daily Five" refers to the five choices that the
students will be able to choose once the program is up and running.
Each school day we will spend from 11:30-1:00 working with The
Daily Five. First, we will do a whole group lesson on topics including
reading strategies, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, and writing. After
our whole group lesson, students will break into one of the Daily
Five choices. During this time, I will be pulling students to work
with me or sometimes I will work with groups on reading skills and
• Read to Self
• Read to Someone
• Word Work
• Work on Writing
• Listen to Reading
Working With Words
• I will be using “Words Their Way” program.
• Words Their Way is a word study program in which
students learn by sorting words into categories.
• Students will not take a spelling test every week.
• Most test our every other week.
• Students will be given about 20 or more words to sort.
• For the test I chose 10/20 words.
• On the test I will give students one or more sentence/s
Scholastic Book Club
• Scholastic Book orders help our classroom
library grow with new and exciting books.
• Can order online and have them shipped to
your home or send Scholastic form in with
your child with a check NO CASH.
• Look for Scholastic Book orders about every
• Our class will be participating in Mystery Skype
this year. classrooms Skype call each other and
try to guess where the other classroom is located
either in the United States or in the world.
• On the day of the call, students use their
resources in trying to figure where the other class
is calling from via Skype.
• I have 5 classrooms lined up so far.
• Students will be interacting with other schools
from around the world.
• Four Point Scale:
• Score 4- consistently Exceeding Expectations
• Score 3- Consistently Meeting Expectations
• Score2- Making Progress but not consistently
Meeting Expectations Independently
• Score 1- Not Meeting Expectations
• Please remember to sign your child in/out at
the office when appointments or other events
arise. The office will then call to the classroom
for your child. I am not able to send your child
to the office at a specific time until you arrive
and notify the office. This helps to minimize
classroom disruptions and follows school
• Everyone is invited to attend our holiday
• Students will bring home a slip asking you to
donate the idem they have volunteered you
• Jackman Road has adopted a policy that no
child is permitted to bring food in as a treats.
• If you would like to do something for your
child’s birthday here are some ideas:
• Book for classroom
• Game for classroom
JRE Suggested Supply List
• (6) Paper folders (no trappers)
• Art Shirt
• (2) Packages #2 pencils
• (2) Red Pens
• Highlighters (3 colors)
• Ruler with inches and cm
• Small box crayons (24 ct.-no larger please)
• (1) Large Eraser and Pencil Top Erasers
• (1) Dry Erase marker and an old sock or eraser
• (1) Box Washable Markers (NO Sharpies)
• Ziploc Bags-Gallon Size
• Colored Pencils
• (3) Boxes Kleenex
• (1)Hand sanitizer
• (3) Glue Sticks and 1 glue bottle
• Zippered bag for supplies/or small school box
• (6) Spiral Notebooks
• (3) Packages of Sticky Notes
• (2) Packages disinfection Wipes
• $5.00 to cover a variety of items used in the classroom
My Pledge to Students
• I seek to build a positive working relationship
with our students and parents through honesty,
communication, and teamwork.
• I will respect you and work with you to solve
• I will promptly correct and offer feedback on your
• I will work with you to meet learning goals.
• I will offer extra help and alternative assessments
should you require them.