What we know
• Perspectives of CHWs on their role
• Importance of supervision
• Motivation & retention of CHWs
• Integration with the local community
• Wealth of content
• Curriculum design
• Importance of participatory approaches
• A little about interdisciplinary practices
• How do mobiles mediate practice?
• What are appropriate pedagogies
– Practice of supervision
• Integration with the health care system
– Gaps; Sustainability and scale
• Suitable learning analytics
• Appropriate means of evaluation
• Overcoming structural inequalities (incl. resources)
• How to work with policy makers
• How to build capacity
• Should we link to clinical outcomes?
Introduce your project
• What was your aim and what challenge in
mHealth were you addressing?
• What was critical to successfully addressing
• What three key impacts do you feel you’ve
• What technologies are you using?
Addressing key challenges
• Reflection on challenges raised on Day 1 plus
• What are the key barriers to overcome?
• What successes have people had in addressing
• Role of technology
Pedagogies in mHealth
• What pedagogies are currently used in
mHealth and should we be using new ones?
• Who are they targeting?
• How are the pedagogies evaluated?
• Sharing of resources
• Funding schemes for capacity building
• Opportunities for early-career researchers