• Celebrated every 26 January.
• Arrival of the First Feet of 11 convict
ship From Great Britain.
Mardi Gras of Sydney.
It is the most important cultural festival of
gays and lesbians in the world.
Begins: Second Thurdsay in Februar.
Ends: First Saturday in March.
The Moomba Festival.
• Australian`s largest free cammunity
• Begings: Labour day long weekend
(from Friday to the second Monday in
Adelaide Art Festival.
• It is an arts festival held annually in the South
Australian capital of Adelaide.
• It is considered to be one of the world's greatest celebrations
of the arts.
• Begun in 1960.
• The Adelaide Festival is held in the autumnal month of
The ANZAC Day tradition.
• Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
• Takes place: 25 April every year.
Melbourne International Film
• Location: Melmourne , Australia
• Founded: 1951
• Takes place: August every year
• MIFF is the largest film festival in Australia with
approximately 400 films.
Finals Australian Football
• Held in September in Melbourne.
• It is the sports league with the highest number of
attendance from Australia.
• There are parties all over the country since March,
which come to an end with the finals in Melbourne
• Sydney Festival is a major arts festival in Australia.
• It runs for three weeks every January
• It was established in 1977.
• The festival program features in excess of 100 events.
Just as in some countries use beef for
their meals, in Australia is very
common to use the Kangaroo. The base
of the kitchen in this country is very
similar to that of Britain, because
British also approached their favorite
dishes among other customs. As
already discussed at some time, is very
common to use species that are usually
very spicy to the taste of the West, but
they are very tasty and appetizing.
But there are other foods that
originate entirely prepared by
the pre-Columbian Aboriginal
.Fishe iwth rice and larvs ,
different kind of vegetables .
Tomate soup (in some cases)
and pure Kangaroo meat.
That’s the tipical Aboriginal
Australian Food Habits
• School Lunch
• Snack for adults
Choc Cherry Slices