ARE YOU A
NEW YORK NEEDS YOU FELLOW?
Are you Ambitious?
Are you an Emerging Leader?
Are you Committed?
NEW YORK NEEDS YOU (NYNY) is a two-year career, leadership development and
scholarship opportunity designed to help ambitious, first-generation college students
realize their full potential.
• BUILD YOUR NETWORK
– As a Fellow you will interact with individuals like Russell Simmons, Founder of Def Jam and
Ray McGuire, Head of Global Banking at Citi, as well as many other senior level executives
from diverse industries.
– You will work with Mentor-Coaches, who are young professionals in industries such as financial
services, law, healthcare, media, technology and more!
• DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS
– You will develop critical skills to use in your everyday life as you seek key internships, full-time
jobs and fulfilling careers, such as personal finance, networking and how to “work a room”,
presentation skills, written communication, public speaking and interviewing.
• MAP YOUR FUTURE
– You will have access and exposure to exciting internship opportunities and a wide array of
industries and career paths.
– Your Mentor-Coach will help guide and support you in creating and outlining your personal
and professional goals.
• IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY
– As a fellow, you will work with your peers to develop and execute innovative projects aimed at
improving and developing your community.
Eligible fellows may also receive up to $2,500 in Opportunity Grants
to be used toward education expenses.
Application and Program Information available at:
Application deadline is March 15, 2010
Fellowship will begin June, 2010
40 Worth Street, Suite 826 New York, NY 10013 P. 212-571-0202 F. 917-210-4013 www.newyorkneedsyou.org