Beyond Blah Blah: Creating Great Content for the Web.
The workshop covers 6 main topics:
1. Give them what they want – practical tools to figure out the top goals of your audiences.
2. Use words that smell like goals – an introduction to information “scent” and how to write links and organize pages so that people can find their way to their goals.
3. Write visually – how to structure content and lay out pages so to support scanning, understanding and retention.
4. Show don't tell – don't just tell readers what you want them to believe, give them evidence and let them come to their own conclusions.
5. Not everyone thinks like you – writing for the four archetypal temperaments.
6. Say something they’ll remember – how to get past the “blah blah filter” in your brain to reach the imagination, ultimately motivating action.
Participants immediately put lessons into practice through group exercises and projects.