TN#79: 2000 FAMILY
Setting up Ethernet networking on your 2000 Family unit. This will require:
1. WinBuild 2000 2.3+
2. PC104-10 Ethernet Card in your 2000 Family Unit
3. Windows 95/98/NT Install CD
4. RJ-45 cable from Eason unit to your network’s hub –or- an Ethernet cross-over
cable to go directly from PC to Eason unit. See Tech Note #78.
5. Null modem serial cable (for initial programming)
Sorry, Ethernet networking is not supported in Windows 2000.
To Install Network Drivers to Your PC: (Win 95/98)
1. Click to the Windows Control Panel
2. Under “Network” click “ADD” and Select “Protocol”
3. Select the Microsoft NETBIOS support for IPX/SPX-compatible Protocol. (Make sure this
protocol is for your networking card, not your modem card. When you add the protocol,
the dial-up adapter may be added in as well, be sure to remove this.)
4. Once added, click on the protocol, and click “Properties”
5. Under “NETBIOS” tab, select “I want to enable NetBIOS over IPX/SPX
6. Under “Advanced” Set Frame Type to Ethernet 802.3
7. Select checkbox to “Set this protocol as the default protocol.”
8. Reboot your PC.
Win 95/98 Network Configuration
Win 95/98 NETBios Configuration
To Install Network Drivers to Your PC: (Win NT)
9. Click to the Windows Control Panel
10. Under “Network” to “Protocols”
11. Select NWLlink IPX/SPX compatible transport.
12. Once added, click on “Protocols” tab, highlight the NW Link IPS/SPX protocol,and click
13. Set the Frame type to “Ethernet 802.3”
14. Under “Bindings” make sure NWLink NetBIOS is top protocol listed under NETBIOS
See below screen shots:
WinNT Services Setup
Win NT Bindings Setup
To Set Up Ethernet Networking on the Eason unit:
1. Open up your existing WinBuild 2000 application.
2. Have the unit connected up via null-modem cable to programming port.
3. Go to “Project | Setup”
4. Under the “Network” tab, select the “Change Name/ID & Ethernet Config” button.
5. Check the “Ethernet” button. Software will now download new configuration files &
drivers to unit, and reboot it.
6. When done rebooting, unplug the null-modem cable from the programming port on the
To Set Up Ethernet in WinBuild 2000:
1. Under “Project | Setup” click to the “PC” tab, and select the download port as Ethernet.
2. Save project
3. Re-start WinBuild 2000, with your application open (Should reload last app open.)
Now Hook It All Up!
1. Hook up an Ethernet cable from Eason unit to your network hub. (Or, if using cross-over
cable, hook unit directly to your PC.)
2. Reboot Eason unit.
3. Boot may be slow… when fully booted, in WinBuild 2000 click on “Setup | Online”
4. Lower right indicators should be un-checked. (Connected)
5. You can now download to unit, or use Tag Watcher to monitor tags via Ethernet.