It was not only a great year for Frappe/ERPNext, but also for the users of your
fabulous software. Really, The last 1-2 years you made quantum leaps. What I found
particular interesting, is to follow how a small 4 or 5 member team, slowly but surely
carved a position in the huge open source and ERP universe... All the best for 2017
I would be interested in contributing the sum of $5,000 to this foundation within the
next month. This would be in the form of a gift, and except for the transaction details
and any other legal necessities, I would like for this donation to remain anonymous
to the public.
My donation is intended to help support the efforts that you are carrying out, and
keep ERPNext open.
ERPNext Community Member
Great - we love working with your software!
Chris, Kii Audio GmbH, Germany
Hello everyone, I just wanted to take a quick moment and compliment the team that
create and manages ERPNext. It's truly an incredible application.
I am an Italian consultant working both in Italy and in the UK. Your software is great.
I mean it, exactly what I needed for my companies.
Sam Sequi, Italy
I think you have fix the problem brilliantly!
The customer is very happy thank you.
Just want to say that I have been involved in installation of bunch of ERP and CRM
solutions. This is the first without onsite installation consultancy. And I would like to
give my feedback - The speed and help from support has been second to none.
• Help & Demo Videos
• Help Documentation
• Community Development
• 3000 paid customers
Optimised Future Reposting
Bypassed most of the validation on GL Entry
Eliminated duplicate processing
Cached get ﬁscal year function
50% less execution time
Other major Fixes
Merging of Item and Warehouse
and patch to ﬁx deleted bins
Allocate sites for multi-threading
Validate negative stock on delivery
while missing valuation rate
Lead and Opportunity status
Fixed period end date if year
starts in the middle of the month
Added standard ﬁlters in ﬁlter
Unlink Quality Inspection from
PR while cancelling QI
Address naming if multiple
address for same type
Remote work from Kolkata
Time management and prioritisation
Leadership and delegation
Reduce support time and more focus on development
Increase community involvement
• Rewrote Gantt in ES6 (new JS is cool)
• Rewrote Kanban in Inferno, got stuck, spent 4 hours
debugging with its author (scrapped later)
• PR got merged in the awesomplete repo (awesom!)
• First DO meetup (got infected with Neilovitis)
• Lots of discussion on the Accounting app
• Mobond 24-hour Hackathon (36 hours without sleep)
2016 - In Review
• Won a Hackathon
• Got introduced to Open Source
• Got to be part of ERPNext / Frappé
• Switched to Mac from Windows
• Participated and gave a talk in an International Conference
• Read 4 Books
• Wrote 6 blogs
• Wrote lots of code
Goals for 2017
• Increase productivity
• Take Leadership
• Learn and handle DevOps
• Read more books
• Write more
• Go out more often
• Resume gym?
• Be more awesome!
• and catch up to Anand/Pratik
This month started with blog writing.
I must thank rushabh for making it
From my point of view, it not only
brings clarity in your thoughts but
also wakes-up hidden writer inside
Wrote a blog named “A gap”;
satisfaction was of different level.
After healthy discussion about
marketing our product; we came
across the term SEO
As i am fond of marketing, rushabh
assigned me this challenging task
1.Make landing pages for retail
2.Make the same using
3.Content should be accurate and
Keeping content small but effective
and that too within pre-defined
standards was tough task.
It’s the fact that most of the visitors
spend fewer than 15 seconds on
your website; So i think content is
undoubtedly important but the
web-page design is more important
as it’s the first impression you
create in visitor’s mind.
A week later rushabh found that this
task is not that easy so assigned
me new task.
But none the less experience was
really helpful in getting knowledge
3.Learned html & css in deep.
After getting good knowledge about
ERPNext, i started solving issues
assigned by nabit.
Stucked at some point; but after
discussing i was able to solve the
After solving more issues, now i am
getting good grip on it.
Looking forward to deal with big
Ready to solve some more
ACTIVITY LOG IN PROCESS PAYROLL
Table instead of ugly list. Added Employee name and Total Pay
CREATE USER BUTTON IN EMPLOYEE
Automatically create user based on preferred email
JINJA IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Jinja templating now allowed in Terms and Conditions doctype
UPDATE ONLY - DATA IMPORT TOOL
“Update only, do not insert new record” option in Data Import Tool
• Bypass “UnknownLocaleError” for Date and Time thrown by Babel
• Salary Slip test cases fixed once and for all
• Monthly Salary Register filter fixes and language fixes
• Added "Enabled" to Sales Person, gets unchecked when
• Payroll, Salary Slip, Leave application fixes
• Some minor fixes
Open day • Dec 16
Frappé | Erpnext
Data Import ( Page )
• Works fine but some disadvantages
1. No Record for imported data.
2. After uploading file, have to save it to process multiple times via openpyxl.
3. Have to transfer large data from backend to frontend for previewing.
So, why don’t use frappe for handling all these issues.
• Better functionality as file can be
processed via attachments.
• Fuzzy matching for the mapping
of file header and reference
• Mapping can be done via drop
down menu of docfield list.
• Data can be imported from any
row of the attached file.
• Currently recurring document.
• Drafted a new doctype
• Needs a lot of changes after
discussing with Rushabh.
Some Other Updates
• Replied on some of the installation related threads on the discuss.
• Self assigned some issue on github.
• Fixed some issues related to customer support.
• Contribution to minimize the issue below 200 (Approx. 1/4 times of
• Addition of 10 new features.
• Mastering Python.
• Habit of waking up early. (7 A.M.)